Pedals you bought that you returned or listed on eBay in less than 24 hours ?

What's Hot
TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
Boss DS1 many moons ago, put in front of amp, played and had serious wtf moment and realised why I got it so cheaply. Listed on eBay in record time. Mxr dyna comp, wondered where my tone went and was checking to see if anything wrong with amp. Returned same day I got it. Joyo us dream, did full on high gain and that was pretty much it. Within 1 hr had a headache and saw its one trick pony characteristic, took it back for refund same day I bought it.What about you and reasons for getting rid of those pedals.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I bought a Line 6 Verbzilla which was returned within 24 hours due to the distortion issue I could hear. I bought it mainly for the Octo (shimmer) setting and at the time, it was pretty much the only game in town.
    I noticed an unpleasant distortion which came in almost a second after a signal was present. It was more of a harsh crackle than an overdriven sound. I remember Googling it, so see if it was a known issue and didn't find anything at the time. Checking back now, it seems that it is, so I guess I must have been amongst the first to notice it. Some people don't notice it at all, but once you do, you can't not hear it.
    I ended up replacing it with a Behringer RV600!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Fredric effects weasel stomp.I think that was relisted within 15 mins of trying it.
    I've returned another pedal as it was broken on arrival
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Does not compute.......
    Return?
    Sell?

I tend to keep pedals........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    EHX xtortion. Dogshit
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    I have listed things before they've arrived. Honestly.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    edited March 2016

EHX Holy Stain

Boss CS-3

2 Forgettable Behringer Pedals (I can't remember what)

TC Electroinics Mojo Mojo -seriously detested this pedal, it sounded awful

Can I include an amp in this with the terrible Marshall MA50H ?

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    EHX LPB1. Got it, realised it was an acronym of Let's Put Blanket ... Sent it back
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    Well, I tend to at least give pedals a go, but ones I instantly didn't like, got shot of fairly quickly and never changed my opinion of are:

Red Panda Context Reverb
    Old Blood noise endeavours Procession Reverb
    TC electronics Chrona Chorus
    Providence SOV-2
    JHS Colorbox
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    I often enjoy pedals that put up a fight and need taming, but 24 hours with the Recovery Effects Bad Comrade V1 proved too much. I just couldn't find a use for the chaos that came out of that pedal so had to flip it.
    @nickb_boy, I keep nearly buying that pedal, but I keep managing to talk myself out of it. I had a MWFX judder for a while, fun, bonkers but ultimately IO had no use for it..

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22163
    @Teetonetal The Procession and the Black Fountain got the same reaction from me... 

@Teetonetal The Procession and the Black Fountain got the same reaction from me... 
    My issue with the Procession was that it didn't work in the way I wanted and therefore didn't do what I wanted/hoped it would do. I have similar issues with the special FX section of the boss dd500. I like the idea but those kinds of sounds are so specific that it's more luck if they just happen to nail what you want. If they don't then that type of effect is pretty much unusable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Zoom A3. Well my unit had noise issues, but since I didn't really love it I decided just to return it instead of getting a replacement.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Wampler Dual Fusion.

I don't think I actually listed it for sale that quick, but I'd certainly decided that for the price it wasn't worth it and that I'd be selling it.
  • babysnakebabysnake Frets: 21
    I bought a Line 6 Verbzilla which was returned within 24 hours due to the distortion issue I could hear. I bought it mainly for the Octo (shimmer) setting and at the time, it was pretty much the only game in town.
    I noticed an unpleasant distortion which came in almost a second after a signal was present. It was more of a harsh crackle than an overdriven sound. I remember Googling it, so see if it was a known issue and didn't find anything at the time. Checking back now, it seems that it is, so I guess I must have been amongst the first to notice it. Some people don't notice it at all, but once you do, you can't not hear it.
    I ended up replacing it with a Behringer RV600!
    This ^^ except rather than try the RV600 decided I didn't want a shimmer effect.

Some other collossal failures for me have been:
    Radial Plexitone
    Lovepedal Cot50 (the pcb version)
    Wampler Plextortion (orange version)
    Mesa Throttlebox

But it all boils down to Pickup/Pedal/Amp synergy.....I feel pedal manufacturers should be forthright about this issue, we guitarists waste so much time/money/effort....I paid £250 for the Plexitube but it made my beautiful sounding amp sound like a pos....the Plextortion was even worse (in my rig)
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    edited March 2016
    Never listed or returned pedals within the OP's timeframe, but the pedals that I've bought over the web that, even after extensive pre-purchase research, I didn't like from the first play include: 

TC Flashback delay
    Neo Mini Vent
    Emerson EM-Drive
    Budda Budwah
    MJM London Fuzz 2
    Red Panda Context
    Adrenalinn 3
    TC Nova System
    Mission Engineering VM-Pro
    ThorpyFX Muffroom Cloud

All of these are highly regarded pedals with many satisfied users so it goes to show that there's no substitute for trying something within your own rig, what works for others may not work for you or your rig. Luckily we have the ability to easily buy and sell gear so trying stuff out is practical.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4548
    edited March 2016
    There have been one or two where i've thought "uh-oh" when switched on for the first time but i always give them more than 24 hours, on account of me getting rid of many, many pedals that i could use quite happily now
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Mr Black Thunderclaw

Could not get on with it at all. Then again I was using it with an Orange and they don't gel well with flat out distortion pedals.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    I've not gone through loads of pedals that quickly.

Boss OD-3: a good drive for chordal players but missed the mids needed for thickening the unwound strings for lead.
  • I took an El Capistan back to the shop the next day, but only because I have a Timeline already and thought "what the f*** am I doing buying an El Cap as well". It sounded great.