• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24728
    You'll never get a double bass in that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28928
    Which is another bonus.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7839
    Fat girls neither, but then I guess that's the point.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31021
    I one had the C70 T5.

Very comfy seats but 240 BHP through the front wheels? No thanks.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    Niiiice. Bit small for me but great looking.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Awesome. I really like the C30.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    The T5 is a beast. I once had a yellow 850 T5R estate and that was great fun
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12003
    Bucket;1000746" said:
    If you want one, get one in the next couple of years as the last one left the factory in 2013 so they are only going to get old and eventually disappear.
    Deadman;1000743" said:
    About the same size storage wise compare to my Yaris, only difference I have found is the boot opening is smaller and the rear footwell isn't flat across so I can't put a guitar case down there where I could before.

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Damn cool, I like it!
    Bucket;1000746" said:
    If you want one, get one in the next couple of years as the last one left the factory in 2013 so they are only going to get old and eventually disappear.
    Deadman;1000743" said:
    About the same size storage wise compare to my Yaris, only difference I have found is the boot opening is smaller and the rear footwell isn't flat across so I can't put a guitar case down there where I could before.

Yaris!? I wish I could get away with that, I'd have one tomorrow. I think it's a four seater too isn't it? I suppose my third child could go on the roof :)
    Deadman;1001119" said:
    RaymondLin said:

Bucket;1000746" said:Awesome. I really like the C30.

Deadman;1000743" said:Niiiice. Bit small for me but great looking.

Yaris!? I wish I could get away with that, I'd have one tomorrow. I think it's a four seater too isn't it? I suppose my third child could go on the roof :)
    5 seater!

It's a very versatile car. I had the 1.8 litre which was a little pokey, got 40mpg out of it too.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16227
    Super little car - I drove an old T5 estate years ago
    But funny how images change over time ............Was a time when only Doctors and Caravan Club Committee Members drove Volvo s
    And 9 out of 10 teachers drove Citroen 2CV s with a roof that looked like an upside down Deck Chair !
    Now there is a Sports Teacher at my sons local state school who drives an Audi  R8  !   How times change !
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9631
    edited March 2016
    Ray,

Congrats mate - a rare beast indeed !

Be careful though... At 227 brake, I bet that'll shake the paint off your pedals...

Well I never. Now that I know it's a 5 seater I'd be tempted to compromise on space!
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited March 2016
    Ray,

Be careful though... At 227 brake, I bet that'll shake the paint off your pedals...

Yeah but it weight a tonne and a half, so that's 150hp odd / tonne.   I think I could easily have it if I twin turbo'd one of the BOA's that has been on the engine stand for years now and put it in my other Mk5 Transit chassis cab.  Now that really would be a sleeper.  I will have to get around to doing that one of these days, basically everything is there to bolt up, apart from the turbos and exhausts and a rust free Mk5 and I have 5 or 6 sacrificial boxes on the shelf until I could get a T5.  One of these days though.

http://www.topbossperformance.co.uk/#/tornado-engine/4530883163

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Dominic;1002112" said:
    Now there is a Sport Teacher at my sons local state school who drives an Audi  R8  !   How times change !
    What?! Is he dealing drugs?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16227
     No - I think he had a brief career as a pro rugby player some years ago 
    Sambostar said:
    Ray,

Yeah but it weight a tonne and a half, so that's 150hp odd / tonne.   I think I could easily have it if I twin turbo'd one of the BOA's that has been on the engine stand for years now and put it in my other Mk5 Transit chassis cab.  Now that really would be a sleeper.  I will have to get around to doing that one of these days, basically everything is there to bolt up, apart from the turbos and exhausts and a rust free Mk5 and I have 5 or 6 sacrificial boxes on the shelf until I could get a T5.  One of these days though.

http://www.topbossperformance.co.uk/#/tornado-engine/4530883163

It still does 0-60 in 6.6, with a chip (done by Volvo, and apparently does not affect economy !) it will do 250bhp.

All on the front wheels !