Rare! Vintage! Behringer!

What's Hot
dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
Quick, get it while you can!  Rare Vintage Behringer Hell Baby Wah!

Well I never!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4176
    Bless.  I've got socks older than that pedal.

I think the rule of thumb should be that anything with the URL for the manufacturer's website printed on it can't be described as 'vintage'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72408
    A couple of years ago a young chap came into the shop and asked if I could service his dad's vintage Marshall which he'd just acquired. No problem I said, bring it in.

It was a '93 Valvestate 8080.

I laughed until I realised it was over 20 years old, and the chap wasn't :).

Some of the earlier Behringer stuff will be at least 20 years old now, although I'm doubtful about that wah - I'm not sure there's an exact definition of 'vintage', but that seems to be a common cut-off age for a lot of people.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    You know you're getting old when Behringers approach 'vintage' status!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    dogload said:
    You know you're getting old when Behringers approach 'vintage' status!
    Ok , I'll get my pipe and slippers, now where was that George Formby songbook ? ;)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Any Behringer gear of that era still working must have something going for it, most failed just after the guarantee expired or you took it out of the house, whichever happened first. ;-)
    In truth a lot of electrical gear will fail quickly of last seemingly forever whoever made it.

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    ESBlonde said:
    Any Behringer gear of that era still working must have something going for it.

I had one of those wahs.  Believe me, not working would have most definitely been an improvement. :D
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

The Behringer Hellbabe is without doubt the worst guitar pedal ever maden in my opinion. I'd completely forgotten I'd had one until seeing this.

It didn't do a lot and what it did was bad.

The idea and the concept are great, the actual sound it makes is terrible, really terrible.