Neunaber delay algorithms

BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
I have one space on a Nano+ board for a delay. The board is running in mono into the front of a Fender amp (for rehearsal/live):

SHO>Frazz Dazzler>JHS The Kilt>*free space*>Strymon Flint.

Before I go daft again and spend more £ on more delays, I already have a Stereo Wet V2 on a larger board that I could use here, and an ExP preordered, so I could effectively turn my Wet into a delay by loading up some of their Echelon algorithms. I'd be keeping the stock Wet, though. Because. Beautiful.

Just wondering how their delays sound. I've heard their Neu Tape is pretty good.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    tape is ok.

the scatter delay is nice, but mainly useful for ambient. I liek the scatter into reverb

you got rid of the Particle?
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
    edited March 2016

@Teetonal No, decided to keep it (got tired of flipping gear, tbh), it's staying on the big mad ambient board.

I'm thinking use the Wet in this way and making it a 80% delay pedal and partly remembering something you said months back about delays in live/rehearsal terms, in that the nuances you need for recording specific types of delay matter less live, and that most delays even without the bells and whistles will do the job. Hence the thinking on using the Wet this way...and it would obviously save me £ not having to buy yet ANOTHER delay... :)

@Teetonal No, decided to keep it (got tired of flipping gear, tbh), it's staying on the big mad ambient board.

I'm thinking use the Wet in this way and making it a 80% delay pedal and partly remembering something you said months back about delays in live/rehearsal terms, in that the nuances you need for recording specific types of delay matter less live, and that most delays even without the bells and whistles will do the job. Hence the thinking on using the Wet this way...and it would obviously save me £ not having to buy yet ANOTHER delay... :)

Well, the tape setting can be Tap Tempo and there are a variety of options, so no doubt for a rehearsal board you can find what you need!
  • @Teetonetal (spelt properly this time, sorry...) Excellent to hear. Do the delays sum to mono as well as the Wet?

Don't know,. I didn't like them, so never tried in stereo.

My exp is Wet, Trem, Shimmer, Infinity hold :)
  • I've heard a few demos and I think they sound too pristine. For this set-up, I'd be looking mostly for dirty/dark/crinkled repeats with just the option of brightness/cleanness. 
    Well you have the unit so why not test yourself? They are not analogue in tone by any stretch though.
  • Well you have the unit so why not test yourself? They are not analogue in tone by any stretch though.

I'll have a test run, definitely, but I'd prefer closer to an analogue tone. BBD or tape.