Phase 45 alternatives?

What's Hot
UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12963
I quite fancy a nice subtle phaser, the MXR Phase 45 sounds good but the reissues are battery only which is just annoying.

Any sensibly priced alternatives?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1761
    The Behringer Vintage Phaser - feel free to laugh everyone but I think it's awesome ! and for £19 flipping amazing value for money
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    edited March 2016
    The DOD 201 is a great phasor (DOD's own spelling). It has 2.1mm power and an LED. It's a beautiful, subtle sound.

Actually I might have one available if you fancy it. mint condition. Since I got a Boss PH-1 i don't use the DOD anymore which is a shame as it's a fabulous pedal. PM me if you're interested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    http://www.joespedals.com/acatalog/JAM_pedals__Ripple_phaser.html

I'd get this if I wanted a phase 45. The info on Joe's pedal is wrong, It's based on the phase 45, not 90
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12963
    This forum is terribly bad for my bank account... Sorted now thanks to Mr @jezwynd

@Branshen what makes the Jam phaser worth the cash? It just looks like a very expensive clone to me.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    The Mojo Hand Nebula is a great one. Very "nice" sounding rather than having that little raw edge to it but great nonetheless.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7816
    Dod 201 does it for me. Great phaser!
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    You're right about it being an expensive clone. That's how I see them as well. But based on my experience with their pedals and from reviews on the net, jam pedals make them right. You can be sure they're tuned to perfection. My jam pedals waterfall has left such a good impression on me that I'd like to try all of their pedals.

People rave about their fuzz phrase (fuzz face), rattler (rat), chill (tremolo), delay llama (analog delay) etc.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    edited March 2016
    Rowin do a copy of the Phase 45, it also has a switch to go from vintage to modern.... Its tiny cheap and sounds good, takes a 9v.
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Speaking as someone who has just rehoused a whole load of Jam pedals from one big enclosure into several separate ones, I was most unimpressed with the build quality and I thought they were mostly unremarkable for the price, except for the Big Chill tremolo. I thought the Delay Llama Supreme was by far the worst sounding analogue delay I have heard. Really nasty sounding repeats. As for the Ripple phaser, it sounds like a Phase 45. No better.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    I've looked at a couple of the Jam pedals before and not quite understood the fuss. I appreciate that might be my cloth ears but used prices are pretty low so I don't think it is just me.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12963
    Had half an hour with the DOD 201 this morning and its really a lovely sound. Doesn't do that full on psychadelic underwater thing you can get with some Phasers but from past experience thats a sound thats lots of fun but never actually gets used by me anyway. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7816
    edited March 2016
    Well I think that's because the 201 is a 2 stage phaser. It's subtler than a 4 or 6 and for me that's what makes it useable. Slow for some nice pink Floyd style movement, fast for a bit of faux Leslie.