BOSS DR. BEAT DB 90 Metronomes

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15994
edited March 2016 in FX

this worth the money you think.....? it's quite expensive for a metronome :)

I have a few old metros round the house but would put out for this if it was a step up from the old stuff

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyTimmy Frets: 23
    No, I got it second hand half price and that was still too much. It goes through batteries really quickly, I mean really quickly. sounds shit through head phones. I play and teach drums for a living and use a metranome every day. Don't get it.

The DB 60 is much better and about £20 second hand. Wish I had just replaced mine when it broke rather than payed more for the DB 90

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    If your just using it as a metronome, they will all work the same, this has extra features like drum machines, amp simulation and headphone monitoring, it can also be programmed by midi.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I had a DB90 when I was a drummer in a band. Being able to program sets into it was nice, as was the footswitch control - you could start and stop it with your feet, as well as scrolling back and forward through the presets. That alone made it worthwhile. On the other hand, it feels and looks a bit naff with the plastic and orange controls, like a fisher price toy. It did survive a hard landing on a tile fireplace though, so impressions might be worse than reality there.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15994
    edited March 2016

thanks guys...think I'll go with the DB60

question for you..... :) can you set it to play subdivisions of 3s 4s 5s & so on over the 1/4 note beat?

click         click         click         click

11111      11111      11111       11111

tae be or not tae be
     bump   bump   bump   bump
    tae be or not tae be
    ^
    tae be or not tae be