Line Six Latency

In another place a guy has suggested that this gear suffers from high latency (tho' he cannot find the test data atmo!)

I have never had any L6 gear so cannot comment. However the stuff has been out there for fekkin ages and never have I heard of any latency issues? After all, the rigs are INTENDED for real time guitar processing!

Anything known?

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    If you mean the wireless systems then I can only speak for the G30 which has absolutely no discernible latency whatsoever -- and I have a very low threshold of tolerance for latency!

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636
    Grunfeld said:
    If you mean the wireless systems then I can only speak for the G30 which has absolutely no discernible latency whatsoever -- and I have a very low threshold of tolerance for latency!

No Sir, I am pretty sure the guy was on about the interfaces but then if a WIRELESS processor can be that fast, no reason an AI could not be so as well?

Thanks for the fast response (Boom! Boom!)

Dave.

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited March 2016
    I've not had any problem with Pods or the Toneports when using the Line 6 built in sounds.

When using a Pod or Toneport without the built in Line 6 sounds, for example to play through a 3rd party VST ampsim hosted in a DAW, then the latency is too high for me. Maybe that's what was meant.

It's not a competition.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I used to use an old Toneport UX2, no discernible latency whatsoever
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    Not sure on the interfaces but the HD500X was 1.1ms end to end.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    No discernable latency on my ux2
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I've not had any problem with Pods or the Toneports when using the Line 6 built in sounds.

When using a Pod or Toneport without the built in Line 6 sounds, for example to play through a 3rd party VST ampsim hosted in a DAW, then the latency is too high for me. Maybe that's what was meant.

I used a GuitarPort for years - no latency issues and it worked fine with AmpliTube as well.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
    There were certainly periods in the past (like, years ago when UX-2 was first out)  where the drivers weren't up to much and some people had issues (I was one of them) but driver updates fixed it.
    Red ones are better. 
  • I use a Studio GX with Pod Farm into Reaper and it works fine on every setup I've used; currently running it on a Surface Pro 3 with Win10...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• longilongi Frets: 95
    Never had a probelm with my UX1 either.
  • rewolf48rewolf48 Frets: 7
    The only Line 6 device that I know has high latency - in the order of seconds even with the latest drivers is the M20d Mixer.

In it's defence it is not intended as an Audio Interface, it is a Live Mixer + Recorder, but the idea of being able to use it as an 18 in, 6 out audio interface is very appealing even if all of the on-board processing was disabled. 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I use a Line 6 Sonic Port with my iPad and no discernible latency at all