What pedal do I want? (reverb/delay)

What's Hot
MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
So I have a Pedaltrain nano, I have a Distortion, and I have a multi klon/epboost/muff on the way (bet ya can't guess who is building it :D 

Now I need reverb, and I need delay. I have space for two strymon pedals (ie flint and blue sky), however My bank account does not. I think I might be able to fit two mxr sized pedals and a mini crybaby wah, which would be cool too. 

Reverb wise I want something springy (don't need a bazillion options), but I would also want either to have two settings (footswitchable) or even just two reverbs, one always on and another footswitchable, to go from background reverb to splishy awesomeness. Similar to blue sky, hopefully smaller, (only one footswitch preferably, switching between not a lot, or a lot of 'verb).

Then for delay I have no idea. Love the sound of the vapour trail, and loads of other anologue delays. But don't like the 300ms delay times they have. (although the vapour trail has 600ms it is still nothing compared to a digital delay)

I see there are some pedals from keely that do verb and delay in one box but the options aren't massive.

Thing is I could justify a flint for 150, which they have gone for before (75 per pedal/effect). Could maybe stretch a bit more, but that isn't the going price now, and I can't have 400 quid in two pedals (a flint and an el capistan). So sadly they are off the table.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I actually want (and can afford), because I sure as hell don't.
I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    There's an el cap on eBay for 135 bin at the min!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12941
    MrSwanson;1020023" said:
    There's an el cap on eBay for 135 bin at the min!
    From a seller with zero feedback.

Call me cynical, but...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Wisdomed ^ better safe than sorry.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Analog delays/analog style with more than 300ms in a single stompbox format. Off the top of my head:

Boss waza dm2, Catalinbread echorec/belle epoch, EQD dispatch master. Boss dd7 (great analog mode plus a 40 second looper).
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I'm really enjoying the Digitech Obscura at the moment. You could have a Polara Obscura combo for not much over £200 new.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

If you have space the Diamond Memory Lane Jr is a good option.  It's digital, but with analog filtering to make the repeats degrade and has lovely modulation.  It also has fairly low current draw, being not DSP based I think.

It does one sound very well, which while not a copy of anything sounds great in its own right.

Also, the Zoom delays are very good, so the MS70 CDR could be a good option.

• Caroline kilobyte, amazing delay!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Check out the TC Electronics range - I have a delay and reverb pedal and they sound great. The Toneprint function (ability to upload custom tones is a bonus) and they're in your price range.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/alter-ego-2-vintage-echo/

http://www.tcelectronic.com/flashback-delay/

http://www.tcelectronic.com/t2-reverb/

http://www.tcelectronic.com/arena-reverb/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11916
    EQD Avalanche sounds amazing
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    TC and digitech are both really good, dont feel like you need to buy the boutique thing with a billion knobs when were in a great age of solid DSP based effects.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Fretwired;1020490" said:
    Check out the TC Electronics range - I have a delay and reverb pedal and they sound great. The Toneprint function (ability to upload custom tones is a bonus) and they're in your price range.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/alter-ego-2-vintage-echo/

http://www.tcelectronic.com/flashback-delay/

http://www.tcelectronic.com/t2-reverb/

http://www.tcelectronic.com/arena-reverb/
    Had a flashback and a flashback x4 and they were both great but too much I don't use and the stuff I did use wasn't enough if that makes sense. Also had a vibe and a couple others so familiar with tc's quality. But I think I am going to look elsewhere as I have been there and it was really good but not great (for me)
    stefken147;1020268" said:
    Caroline kilobyte, amazing delay!
    Certainly cool, although again a bit big probably, only time I would want something bigger than mxr is if it had a reverb too. Will have a look at the second hand stuff
    menamestom;1020130" said:
    If you have space the Diamond Memory Lane Jr is a good option.  It's digital, but with analog filtering to make the repeats degrade and has lovely modulation.  It also has fairly low current draw, being not DSP based I think.It does one sound very well, which while not a copy of anything sounds great in its own right.

Also, the Zoom delays are very good, so the MS70 CDR could be a good option.
    Tried them before, very good but too big I think. Zoom reminded me of the g3 (multi effects) but that is too tall for the nano+ and hangs off about an inch and a bit of the board.
    simonk;1020127" said:
    I'm really enjoying the Digitech Obscura at the moment. You could have a Polara Obscura combo for not much over £200 new.
    I remember watching a video with those in a while ago and was very impressed. Will check them out again.
    Branshen;1020107" said:
    Analog delays/analog style with more than 300ms in a single stompbox format. Off the top of my head:

Boss waza dm2, Catalinbread echorec/belle epoch, EQD dispatch master. Boss dd7 (great analog mode plus a 40 second looper).
    Waza stuff looks great, to be honest there are a lot of anologue delays on the market and stuff like the vapour trail may win me over simply because of the top mounted jacks. (More space)

Reverbs however I don't know what is considered very good and what is naff
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    The new RV-6 is meant to be great for reverb
    Stop crying, start buying
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Also the Keeley Caverns as a multi
    Stop crying, start buying
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    I today bought an EQD Dispatch Master after wanting one for two years plus. It really is wonderful. For reference I have an El Cap, Providence Chrono Delay and a Moog Moggerfooger MF104m delay... but there's something about the EQD that I just adore. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I got the Digitech polara and obscura last year. They are immense.
    I want for nothing and they have easy to use features that really make them special.

Check out Andy pgs for the best demo.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17667
    tFB Trader
    Alnico;1020887" said:
    I want for nothing and they have easy to use features that really make them special.

This.

I've had all sorts of crazy boutique stuff and Digitech has matched it at half the price
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Ditched all my infrequently used reverbs, delay and mod pedals and bought a used Zoom G3 for £80. Sounds fab, does everything, and is generally great :)
    Alnico;1020887" said:

This.

I've had all sorts of crazy boutique stuff and Digitech has matched it at half the price
    Yeah their stuff does stand out, and second hand prices are around 90 when you can buy them from a shop for 99 and 106. So may aswell go new, may also buy a cioks dc5 and mini wah whilst I'm at it. Try and get the shop to do me a nice deal 
    John_A said:
    Ditched all my infrequently used reverbs, delay and mod pedals and bought a used Zoom G3 for £80. Sounds fab, does everything, and is generally great :)
    I would almost certainly go for this if it would fit on my board to be honest
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited March 2016