James Bay live. Hmm.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9913
    Loobs said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Wow.  Not as edgy as Ellie Goulding.  That's a sad indictment of 21st-century "guitar music".
    Maybe if all you listen to is what you find in Tesco. 
    It was Sainsbury's actually ;) Wouldn't find me in Tesco
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Saw Mr Bay twice in the early days (yeah, I know, I'm too cool for school!) and he was very good - very modest and seemed genuinely chuffed to be in front of an audience.

I wonder if the subsequent fame has rocketed him to a level that a young guy with one album to his name would find hard to deal with. Ryan Adams is a songwriting god and a very seasoned performer but he's been doing it for years.

I also doubt that James Bay is responsible for the marketing plan and would even go as far as to say that he is a true muso who was just in the right (or maybe wrong) place at the right time - I've got dozens of similar CD's by equally talented acts who 'ain't going nowhere'.

I reckon it's a similar story for Aussie teens, '5 Seconds of Summer' - a decent pop-punk band who can write and play decent tunes. Because they supported One Direction, they will forever be a boy band with the requisite fan base. Great now for a bunch of hormonal teenage boys, but won't be great when they want to make the 'serious album'!

So maybe we should feel sorry for James Bay???????

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27318
    Still enjoying the album, though it's obviously quite poppy and I wish it had a bit more depth. 

Finally watched the Andertons vid last night. He comes across well, if not that experienced at doing that sort of thing. Obviously a gear head, and glad to see he's got a Hotcake on his board which sounded excellent with the Century :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Ellie Goulding. Sounds and looks like a personal trainer who's been given a mic.
    Looks like she used to be a he. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• funhousefunhouse Frets: 124

I reckon it's a similar story for Aussie teens, '5 Seconds of Summer' - a decent pop-punk band who can write and play decent tunes. Because they supported One Direction, they will forever be a boy band with the requisite fan base. Great now for a bunch of hormonal teenage boys, but won't be great when they want to make the 'serious album'!

OT, I know, but I took my daughters to see 5 Seconds of Summer a couple of weeks ago. Contrary to expectations, I was pleasantly surprised. So much so that I quite happily sat through the entire set, having heard only one of their songs before. They're very good musicians and put on quite a show. It's a shame that they're often dismissed as a 'boy band'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom