Most entertaining bits from That Pedal Show videos ?

What's Hot
TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
edited April 2016 in FX
I think Mick and Dan are a partnership that is 24 carat gold. The bit that had me hollering with laughter was in the Xmas special set way in the future when Mick is sporting a mad professor combover and he says Gibson still haven't got the pickup cover shape right. I swear to you that the tears poured down my face as I held my sides. What bits from their wonderful videos had you lot bent over laughing ?
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1682
    Do you have a link to that one?

I liked the bit in 'fantastic Phasers' when they put them all on at once. Informative.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    I had a good laugh at the most recent metal zone one! 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1282

Their show is always something extra to look forward to on Friday afternoons.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited April 2016
    TBH I don't find the 'scripted' light hearted bits that funny per se. If I raise a smile at anything it's normally their guitar faces (both knowingly and unconsciously pulled). That and the odd red t-shirt/ purple trousers combo I recall one of them wearing once. Loud as a drive pedal that outfit (Miaow- yes I know).

Good to see they've included timings in the vid descriptions so you can skip. I find the shootouts (e.g. KOT vs rest) less useful personally than the Open University style explorations of general topics, e.g. delay subdivision, EQ pedals. :-B

Don't get me wrong though. I think what they do is really worthwhile and they've carved out a genuine niche in YT land, which can't be easy.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    When Dan goes I'm scared.....hold me in the current metalzone one I had a right belly laugh over that one watching the two boys in hysterics.
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    edited April 2016
    Skarloey said:
     That and the odd red t-shirt/ purple trousers combo I recall one of them wearing once. Loud as a drive pedal that outfit (Miaow- yes I know).

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    It's Top Gear for guitarists. They've really nailed it in that respect.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Give me Chappers and Cap'n any day of the week.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @therose789 Yeah that's the one baby!

Love, Edna Mode. :-h
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    Is this real? Or spoof?

I cannot believe that anyone would find their staged jokes and quips even remotely funny. I like them as reviewers but switch off when they go cork sniffer or carry on
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:

I can take the capt, but chappers is in my opinion a huge turn off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Drew_fx said:

I can take the capt, but chappers is in my opinion a huge turn off.
    completely agree - Lee Anderton comes across like a really decent chap, knows his job (to sell gear) and all is good.

Chappers - I used to like him when he was an Orange demo guy, his videos were different and worth watching. Now - just awful, same licks, same face pulling - what's the phrase 'he's not reached the beginning of his talent'?
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    my fave part is waiting for Mick to do his "let's fuck" face at Dan when he starts playing :)

he also does it at Danish Pete in the Guitar Paradiso vids and you can tell Pete finds it unnerving :D

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Moltisanti;1030122" said:

you can tell Pete finds it unnerving :D
    That's just because Dan warned him off ;)
    Ever notice how chappers just plays the same licks, same tone, no variety, no taste and just jumps in and stomps over everything ? Capt is not a technical player but I find what he does play he plays with panache. I can watch Lee with ease whereas chappers just gives me a headache.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    The name-drop horn at Dan's constant name-dropping.    Not as bad as Mike Matthews, though.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• glynesglynes Frets: 131
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed (and enjoys) the sexual tension between those guys. I just wonder how much more boutique pedal crap I have to sit through before they finally get down to the good stuff.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited May 2016
    glynes said:
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed (and enjoys) the sexual tension between those guys. I just wonder how much more boutique pedal crap I have to sit through before they finally get down to the good stuff.

haha! :)

I think there are other places on the internet for that sort of thing.   Whether either Dan or Mick are featured, I don't know.

I wish they'd stop featuring so much obscure, really expensive boutique stuff.  Is that really necessary just to demonstrate a point?    If that Jester comes out again I wanna smash it on his head.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw