Insurance

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Or make sure the venue is covered for PLI. I wont play at a venue who doesn't have it
    fretmeister;1109074" said:
    Never drop the PLi element. While your band mates are facing court orders to sell Their houses from under them, you'll be protected.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24296
    Or make sure the venue is covered for PLI. I wont play at a venue who doesn't have it
    fretmeister;1109074" said:
    Never drop the PLi element. While your band mates are facing court orders to sell Their houses from under them, you'll be protected.
    Punter sues venue. Venue is protected. Venue says band equipment caused it. You still get the pain.

Venue insurers do not protect the band, the protect the venue owner only. A policy of insurance cannot have 2 masters.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited June 2016
    £130 from Allianz for public liability and personal injury. Think I may got for it myself then. Peace of mind and all that 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413

Yeah we have PLI but not gear insurance, simply cos PLI is necessary to play hotels, wedding venues and such. Our's is about £168 a year which seems a lot compared to some quotes others have mentioned

On the subject of insurance people might need to check their gears insured if there's a accident on the way. Most people insure their car as social and domestic but that doesn't mean filling it with amp, drums. guitar and driving to a gig. You can insure your motor for that but it's expensive. typically £1100 a year for a Transit
    www.2020studios.co.uk