New track I started today, fuzzy sludgy content

What's Hot
TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2915
I don't normally write stuff this heavy (tend to write stuff that ends up sounding like a Clutch ripoff) but I decided to plug my Keeley Rat in for the first time in a while, turned the gain up all the way and got inspired to crack something out quickly. Might try and finish it off soon, it was fun!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 3023
    Great stuff! Thanks for posting, I was almost head banging there for a minute.

:-) 
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You have some good riffs there my man :-) Do you have a band?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2915
    Cheers :D

I do have a band but at the minute we're only starting out and playing covers. I doubt the rest of the guys would want to do anything this heavy when we get round to writing originals. I've tried no end of times to get an original band going but it's impossible to get a) quality dedicated local musicians and b) everyone on the same page musically. I have a load of my other slightly less heavy stuff up on soundcloud.com/shotgunroyale if you wanted to take a listen! Needs vocals to be complete though.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2799
    Sounds a bit like Stairway to Heaven ... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    Well...that had me going for the monitor vol pretty rapid !

Very heavy....very cool..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TTBZ said:
    Cheers :D

I do have a band but at the minute we're only starting out and playing covers. I doubt the rest of the guys would want to do anything this heavy when we get round to writing originals. I've tried no end of times to get an original band going but it's impossible to get a) quality dedicated local musicians and b) everyone on the same page musically. I have a load of my other slightly less heavy stuff up on soundcloud.com/shotgunroyale if you wanted to take a listen! Needs vocals to be complete though.
    My 2 pence only of course, but I prefer the stuff on this link rather than the Shotgun Royale page. I find what you have linked here to be more interesting musically, even though it's heavier.

Have you done any lyrics yet, or were you waiting for a singer to do that?
    I agree actually, I always thought my rock - style stuff was a bit more generic sounding. Probably why I had more fun playing this one actually!

No lyrics yet, I'm not good at writing words haha.
  • I could have a go at one of them if you like. I won't be able to sing it in the style that you want, but it might help you find someone.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2596
    tFB Trader
    nice, I like it!

victorludorum;1036936" said:
    I could have a go at one of them if you like. I won't be able to sing it in the style that you want, but it might help you find someone.
    Yeah cool, go for it, I'd be interested to hear it :) any style is worth a go, just because it's not what I was hearing in my head doesn't mean I won't like it!
  • Do you have a particular favourite amongst the selection?
  • That sounds great! Not actually that heavy, either. For me, it can be the vocals that make the difference between ''too heavy for my tastes'' and just right. For example, that is something I can kind of imagine a young Ozzy singing over in early Black Sabbath. Likewise, you could go down the Down route with a Phil Anselmo bark over the top... Either would work well, IMO

^Yeah I know what you mean. Vocally my tastes would lean more to Phil Anselmo than Ozzy but yeah either style would probably work!
    victorludorum;1037027" said:
    Do you have a particular favourite amongst the selection?
    Not at all, pick whatever you fancy singing over :D