Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands which made it, but shouldn't have

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72399
    MrsTheWeary was a bit of a fan, from her days living in Arkansas where music meant country music.
    Not forgetting the other kind of music of course…

Western.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Zz top.

Ok I quite like them , but come on their just a half decent pub band! ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    MrsTheWeary was a bit of a fan, from her days living in Arkansas where music meant country music.
    Not forgetting the other kind of music of course…

Western.
    Unsolicited use of the word Western is a hanging offence out there. New Country or Contemporary Country or just Country.
    Yeeha!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12359
    Any trillionaire musician that sings songs for the poor and disinherited, just give them all you fucking money and keep back 1 million for yourself. You really wont ever need any more than that.

Hard-Fi - middle of the road LAD bullshit
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • jaygtr;110935" said:
    Zz top.

Ok I quite like them , but come on their just a half decent pub band! ;)

Didn't they call themselves the best bar band in Texas?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Bidley said:

Also interesting to see a lot of hate for Bon Jovi. I hate Livin' On a Prayer as much as the next guy, but Richie Sambora is a talented bloke for sure.

I don't listen to Bon Jovi outside of the covers I have to learn but yep, they strike me as a band who richly deserved to make it.  As a band they write perfect rock/pop anthems -- it's big and it's bloody clever.  With just four or five chords they can come up with something that will stick in your head (whether you like it or not), and be simple enough that people want to sing along.  Give those same chords to endless other bands and all they can do is turn out turgid, so-so, mediocre pap.  Bon Jovi produced the hits time and again with basically the same formula. 

Just cos I don't like them doesn't mean they ain't good.  The singer's got a decent set of pipes, and Sambora can certainly play too, but the song writing (I dunno if it's them or someone else does it for them), seems right on the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    edited December 2013
    not_the_dj;110783" said:
    randomhandclaps said:

Bidley said:

Richie Sambora is a talented bloke for sure.

Was never impressed by him until I heard his playing on Blaze Of Glory.  That solo kicked arse.

Err is that a joke? 
    That's the best in-joke ever. It could only work here too. Proper lol at this end.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"