First gig this weekend, any tips - Done!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited April 2016
    I keep a Joyo American Sound in the bag in case of amp emergencies - if the amp dies I'd just plug my pedal board into the Joyo & go straight to mixer.

Thankfully I've never had to use it yet but it rescued a FB pal from Dublin one night when his amp farted out on him - it gives a surprisingly great sound for very humble dough...

Great to hear you got on good @nick79
    Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Just an update to the thread (if anyone's interested..)
    Did our 4th gig last night at a local club and it was fantastic. We were headliners this time and had 2 bands opening for us so by the time we went on the crowd were warmed up. Did an hour and bit of music and the feedback from the crowd was amazing - Couldn't believe the atmosphere and it really helped us on stage. 

I messed up a few times but it didn't matter, and watching back some vids they weren't really that obvious. 

I still need to work on my stage presence, i spend far too much time just standing still looking down at my guitar but i'm slowly getting better. 

So thanks again for all the help guys, it definitely made a difference.

:D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flatoutflatout Frets: 16
    edited May 2016
    Good for you buddy - glad you're enjoying it!
    I found ages ago that the really flash bit of guitar playing you're really proud of - no-one notices.
    By the same token, that howling mistake that you made - no-one notices that either!
    This was reinforced recently when my beloved cousin came to see me play. She said the best thing we did  was The Coral - Dreaming Of You - when I know I royally buggered up the solo!
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Cheers mate!

I agree, the mistakes i made that i thought were glaringly obvious werent really that apparent in the whole mix. Its made me realise that if the energy in the room is good then mistakes don't really matter, even if it is obvious. 

Bloody knackered the day after though, but oh so worth it.