Amp reviews...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Vox Valvetronix AD100VT-XL - Brilliant, if ridiculously heavy. Probably the best tones I've ever had short of a full-on valve amp (and it beats some of those). The only irritations I had were that you could only save two patches, and there was no indication of the current settings when you switch to a patch. Aside from that...beat the snot out of my ADA MP-1 and Eleven Rack rigs.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4647
    edited December 2013
    Fender Jnr pro
    Simple but gorgeous sounding amp.
    Two controls. Volume and Tone.
    Lovely clean/break up typical fender. 10 inch speaker does limit it a little especially with a heavier sound via a pedal but attach a 2x12 and turn up the volume and hit it with a distortion of choice and it can rock with the best.

Egnator tweaker 40 head
    Clean is almost as good as the Fender above.
    Two identical channels, with loads of switching options per channel. I.e tight/loose clean/dirty, mid cut and a bright.
    EQ (shared) switchable to Fender/Vox/Marshall.
    Master volumes (one per channel) with modern/vintage voicing.
    Takes pedals very well and has a very good series FX loop, which can be switched off with the supplied footswitch.
    Great cleans and driven sounds. Ok not in Two Rock or Mesa Territory, but would give them a good run for money.
    Only negative is the shared EQ and voicing so you can't have say fender clean on channel 1 and Marshall dirt on channel 2
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited April 2014
    Stiletto Deuce.

I'm lazy.  These very short videos say a lot about it.  versatile, but heavy.

..and this one a bit longer.

Finally this one.  It's long but you get the idea in the first minute.