Zvex Vexter SHO or Dr Scientist The Cleanness

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2245
edited April 2016 in FX
In my quest to pare it down to one amp, one guitar, one reasonably sized board, I have 2 start-of-the-chain pedals, as per the subject line.

Which would you keep out of the two if you could only keep one and why?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12971
    I don't own either, but on the basis that the Cleanness seems to do a lot more, and that SHOs are really easy to replace (you would easily be able to buy or make another) I'd probably be tempted to keep the Dr Scientist. 

That said, it all comes down to sounds. Which sounds the best? 
  • @UnclePsychosis That's the thing, they both sound great.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72764
    Which fits on the board better? They're different shapes so it must make a difference :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ICBM Both fit the board equally well, I've been on a pedal purge, so there is room :)

• AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited April 2016
    Use both, one at the front one at the rear. EQ's always seems like a dispensable thing until you need them and that Dr Scientist is a really good EQ.
    If you have lots of tone control on your amp, then you might consider letting the Cleanness go and keeping the SHO, but id run it after dirt or right at the end for extra lift and sparkles. And if i could find a way to keep the Cleanness id put that at front to shape the gain levels going in to my other pedals, or just as a boost.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2245
    edited April 2016
    AxeWieldingBastard;1033948" said:
    Use both, one at the front one at the rear. EQ's always seems like a dispensable thing until you need them and that Dr Scientist is a really good EQ.
    If you have lots of tone control on your amp, then you might consider letting the Cleanness go and keeping the SHO, but id run it after dirt or right at the end for extra lift and sparkles. And if i could fund a way to keep the Cleannes id put that at front to shape the gain levels going in to my other pedals, or just as a boost.
    Interesting, haven't tried the SHO at the end of the chain yet. I like sparkles, will give it a crack. Cheers.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    I have a super duper 2 in 1... sounds immense as last pedal into a slightly driven amp.

I think @axewieldingbastard knows the score on this..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom