EHX Micro POG vs Boss OC3 poly mode?

guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7964
edited April 2016 in FX
I'm familiar with the Micro POG, and I've got analogue octave covered (MXR BOD+EHX Multiplexer) so I'm not interested in if the OC2 is better than the OC3's OC2 mode.

How similar sounding is the OC3 to the Micro POG?  Is it super clean like the micro POG or does it have any warmth to it?

Is the tracking as accurate?

Basically I want something that will track very well, but hopefully still sound moderately fat/warm.  I don't really like the sound of the Micro POG for what I'm going for as it sounds too clean and bright, if that makes sense.  I don't need octave up.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17731
    tFB Trader
    The Boss MO-2 has a tone control and modulation if that helps.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    The MO-2 doesent really sound much like an octave down though. Its doing some funky thing with overtones.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Could you eq the microPOG o/p for a little more warmth?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I'm not sure the MO2 is what I'm after having checked out some videos.

Well not easily.  If I eq after the pedal I'm affecting my dry signal too, which I don't want to.

I could process separately but then I'd need to get another pedal to blend them back together.  The only EQ pedal I have has bell curves and I'd prefer a shelf/filter for this, though it might be wide enough to not matter on a dry guitar signal.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I'm not sure the MO2 is what I'm after having checked out some videos.

Well not easily.  If I eq after the pedal I'm affecting my dry signal too, which I don't want to.

I could process separately but then I'd need to get another pedal to blend them back together.  The only EQ pedal I have has bell curves and I'd prefer a shelf/filter for this, though it might be wide enough to not matter on a dry guitar signal.
    Fair enough. But if you tried it, and it worked, you'd have saved some money :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself