SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sell me a slide!

Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2999
edited April 2016 in Misc £
Not the kind you'd find in a park! 

I've just got into slide playing and I'm getting used to using the slide I currently have which is a Dunlop 218. I'm wondering if any of you have a slightly smaller glass slides you'd part with... Not necessarily in height, just in width so it's not as loose on my finger. I'll probably entertain an offer of any slides though!

What have you got for me?

Bonus points if anyone has a Rockslide they want to part with!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I'm not selling but I can advise that for a nice comfortable snug fit that come in various sizes that I can recommend are the Rock Slides:-

Worth checking them out. I bought a Glass and a Brass one at the Birmingham guitar show this year and very happy with them.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16333
    It isn't the clearest system but diamond bottleneck slides make slides to order in different diameters, lengths and thicknesses.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    It isn't the clearest system but diamond bottleneck slides make slides to order in different diameters, lengths and thicknesses.
    If they ever bother to get back to you... Each time I send them an e-mail they ignore it!!  

Twats.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5317
    Gulliver said:
    If they ever bother to get back to you... Each time I send them an e-mail they ignore it!!  

Twats.
    they do however make a crystal slide called the ultimate which is superb...what finger do you use?  i have a selection here not getting used
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16333
    edited April 2016
    Gulliver said:

Twats.
    My mate Richard is one of the people behind DBS so I'll pass on your greetings :-) Actually, he wouldn't know an email if it hit him in the face  so I'd hope one of the others deals with that side of the business, although apparently not that well.  :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mgaw;1037641" said:
    Gulliver said:

EricTheWeary said:

Twats.

they do however make a crystal slide called the ultimate which is superb...what finger do you use?  i have a selection here not getting used
    I use my ring finger at the moment. Would like to experiment using my pinkie but my main slide finger will be my ring finger long term I think!

The current slide I have is too big really. Useable on my ring finger though!
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5317
    so do you want one for your ring finger now? or your pinky? how big is yer digit
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3068
  • mgaw;1037779" said:
    so do you want one for your ring finger now? or your pinky? how big is yer digit
    Both! Preferably ring at the moment.

And how big my digit is... That's private. I'll let you find out for a bottle of Lambrini though.
  • robinbowes;1037803" said:
    ;)

Pint soon!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3068
    robinbowes;1037803" said:
    ;)

Pint soon!
    Yes indeed.

Not sure when - am about to get very busy. Band starting rehearsals next week, and I've got a couple of days in London too, then Maker Faire (Newcastle) the following weekend. Phew!

Maybe lunch some time?

R.