The song remains the same

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• markvmarkv Frets: 460
    edited April 2016
    TSRTS was my introduction to Led Zep, courtesy of a university friend. We watched it one afternoon while indulging in herbal refreshment and it was the best thing I had ever seen.

Listened to in any kind of objective mood/mental state, it's a bit ropey, but like @ICBM, I am more familiar with some of the versions on it and so prefer them - Stairway in particular.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes Live at the Greek is a great album of mostly Zep material played very, very well.......which is a bit off topic, but still.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9869
    I thought it was alright actually, but my tolerance level for Zep is definitely let than normal peoples I think.

Though the first DVD of that mammoth box set one, which has the (I think) 1969 gig on it in full is immensely brilliant to me, the sound is brilliant and the playing is just.... Right
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited April 2016
    Aside from whatever there is from the great 69-72 period, I think my favourite film/ DVD of Zep material is Unledded. It's a shame they didn't see fit to involve JPJ, but either way I like the idea of people doing familiar and new stuff in a different context and making it work.

Interesting to see that Plant took that general ethos and made it fit his post-2000 career.

After several years of seeing nterviews with Pagey alluding to 'new material' or new projects that never actualy come to anything, I'm actually keen for his own sake that he can actually get his act together to do something while he still can.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Skarloey said:
    Aside from whatever there is from the great 69-72 period, I think my favourite film/ DVD of Zep material is Unledded. It's a shame they didn't see fit to involve JPJ, but either way I like the idea of people doing familiar and new stuff in a different context and making it work.
    I haven't seen the Unledded film, but I've got the album, and I agree, it's great - a very creative reinterpretation of their material. I love a good traditional live album, but this is something else, and in a good way!