I'm about to start a new project.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    JookyChap said:
    @DrBob said:
    Please do put that next batch of 'A' & 'B' grade necks & bodies Graham ! Knowing the good they're doing will make the agonising decision of whether or not to buy all the easier !
    It'd be a  good excuse anyway ;)
    You know me, never happier than when toying with a wafer thin premise 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2350
    tFB Trader

I’ve now heard back from the music director of Chickenshed (I think that’s his title anyway), the Tele’s were used at the charity gig last week. The guitarist who played them were well impressed, so much so they use them for the whole gig. I should be meeting them this Saturday evening at the Joe Collins gig. By the way if you Google Joe Collins she is NOT the Joe Collins centrefold from Playboy from back in the sixties, if you scroll down the page slightly on Google you will see Joe Collins and Chickenshed mentioned.

@JookyChap         @DrBob              If there’s anything in particular you looking for send a message and I’ll see what I got, I do I have a lot of guitar bodies and necks that I will be selling off as B grades or completing them for the Chickenshed. September is always very busy month for guitar builders ordering bodies and necks, so generally I don’t look at the B grades this time of the year, but if there’s anything you want is worth asking.   

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    GSPBASSES said:

I need to know more about this style for my next project .........

Well done on The Chickenshed stuff too.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

I need a new practice amp for setting guitars up, I have got a Line 6 amp that I cannot get on with, it can do just about every type of overdrive distortion that you could possibly want, simulate all different types of amplifiers but, the one thing it cannot do is a nice clean sound. You can fiddle about and eventually get something like a clean sound but you turn the amp off, the next time you turn it on its disappeared, so it's got to go. So of the local music shop I know exactly what I want a Roland cube, this is the amp I gave to my grandson's along with the guitars, so I know these give a nice clean sound, along with some overdrive and distortion if needed. The shop didn't have the Roland that I wanted, they had the bigger one and the smaller one, had a look at some other makes but decided to try elsewhere for Roland. I was away for the weekend, driving down to Dorset I decided to go and look in a music shop that's not too far away from where my daughter lives. Talking to my daughter when I arrived, I told you I was going to music shop to buy a small amp, she suggested that I take one of the grandsons amps back with me as they are not using them now. Any of you who were on the UKGB forum will remember I built two guitars for my grandson's. That was quite a few years ago, they were having guitar lessons at school but unfortunately the school stop them, the cost of guitar lessons where my grandson live is horrendously expensive so they give up learning the guitar. Plus one of my grandson's is into cycling big time, and spends all his money on bits for his bike, my other grandson is more into computer games and playing football for his school. That's a bit disappointing for me as I was hoping that they would get on with their guitars.

I was hoping to make two more guitars for Chickenshed before Christmas. This is not going to happen as the volume of work that has come in over the last few weeks, I will not have time to make them. As my grandson's are not using their guitars any more, I suggested I buy the guitars and amps off them. They were a bit reluctant, but after explaining to them that the guitars would go to Chickenshed they agreed. It's a win-win-win situation all round my grandson's have money in the bank, I have my new practice amp, plus a spare I will most likely put up for sale with the Line 6, and the most important thing is Chickenshed will get another two guitars. I did have to promise my grandsons that if they wanted to take up the guitar in the future I would make them a new guitar each. What they don't know is I have two guitars hidden away for the 18th birthdays, A Gibson V90 and Fender Stratocaster.

The photo below is of my two grandsons with the guitars, the photo was taken quite a few years ago. These guitars were built from B grade bodies and necks, although there is nothing wrong with the necks except they should not have had fret makes on the face of the fingerboard. My trainee guitar maker put dots on them by mistake. You can see the body on the left has slightly different colour wood on each side of the centre line, this was unacceptable to the customer. The guitar on the right is about 11/2 lb over weight. As the guitars have been sitting around now for about three years un-used, I will strip them down check over, re-oil the necks if necessary and re-string them. I shall take some photos of the re-build.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I mis read that as the ''guitar weighs 11 1/2 lbs over weight'' and I was thinking 'Bloody hell Grahame what are you doing hanging that round the neck of your grandson ? Are you trying to deform the poor boy ?' .....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like to know a bit more about the MM style with the F-hole too.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    Those are brilliant presents for your grand kids Grahame, they may well come back to playing in a few years time when they realise that it makes them irresistible to girls (as all guitarists know!)
    Do you make Blackmachines commercially?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    tFB Trader
    BigMonka said:

Do you make Blackmachines commercially?
    I do make Blackmachine commercially,  but  they are not available to the general public I'm afraid.  If you want one you have to go to  Douglas at Blackmachine or to Feline guitars.