Rift Amps PR18, Deluxe 22 anyone?

ruomaruoma Frets: 67
edited April 2016 in Amps
Possibly looking for a BF style amp to complement my lazy j. And supporting this side of the pond seems the right thing to do these days, especially with the high dollar. 

Anyone try one of these yet? How would they compare to say a PRRI or a Carr sportsman? Very little info available thought the sound clips do sound very nice on the site!

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 413
    edited April 2016
    I think he has a PT20 in the classifieds...

Edit; Looks like its just sold   :(    
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Thanks, saw that but that's more of a tweed amp anyways.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4305
    Aynsley Lister has just taken delivery of a Rift Princeton 1x12. Not sure if he's done any demos yet, check out his FB/website.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3180
    tFB Trader
    hywelg said:
    Aynsley Lister has just taken delivery of a Rift Princeton 1x12. Not sure if he's done any demos yet, check out his FB/website.
    Correct, his one is in transitional cosmetics with a Celestion Gold.

He sold his PRRI and upgraded to one of mine for use in his solo shows. There's a 15sec instagram video of him playing it live here -

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    I have a Vibro '63. In fact it was the one that Chris (Mr.Rift) made for himself originally,and sold through this site's Classifieds a few months ago. I absolutely love the sound from it. It has a full length Reverb Tank ( never owned an Amp with one this long) and a really beautiful Tremolo. Also happens to look really classy in Brown and Cream.
    But seriously, has no one else ever played a pr18? I see all this hype these days about super expensive American Louis electric amps, but no love or experience with super affordable rift amps?? Surely somebody must have already compared a pr18 with a Louis electric or Carr or even fender?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4205
    I can testify to the build quality and tone of those pesky Rift amps, and no he didn't bribe me with hobnobs ;) shame really as I could have spent all day in there ;)
    Thanks @sweepy, any more info on which one you played and why you liked them? How were they different from current fenders?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4205
    I'm trying to remember tbh, I popped to over to get a set of valves and a bias, so I sat and played the Telecaster through a couple, one was a Princeton-ish  and not sure about the other. They both sounded very open and dynamic which is what I usually look for in a valve amp 
  • louis electric columbia reverb - perfect!