NAD - Fender Bassbreaker 15 combo

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Chuffola said:
    Yep. I think I bought the first one Matchett's got in.  Heard one of the staff playing some stuff through it with an Edge Strat and a Strymon Dig delay.
    Had a go without the delay the next day and bought it - but I was on the hunt for an amp. Rarely buy stuff new, so was clearly sold on it!
    Nice one, I haven't been in Matchett's in ages, I must call in next time I'm in Belfast.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    They have a wall of very tasty Custom Shop Fenders to droll over.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Chuffola said:
    They have a wall of very tasty Custom Shop Fenders to droll over.
    Damn, is this the same Matchett's I'm thinking of in Wellington Place?!?   Last time I was there they didn't have much of interest in the way of guitars or amp, but some nice pedals.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    edited August 2016
    Yep - when I say wall, its not really a huge wall...  A small wall with maybe 12 custom Shop guitars - they do tend to shift quickly. Worth checking out though.  They also have a small wall of Lowden's if that's more your thing. Now stock Cornell amps as well, I think - not many, but a few.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    Chuffola said:

The HRD has about the best cleans I've heard in an amp sub £1K. It's almost the definition of Fender Clean.The overdrive is excellent - it's very Fender too. Fender overdrive is a very different thing to Marshall / Vox / Mesa overdrive. You might not like it - many don't. The HRD volume is kinda on/off as well, which wasn't great for my needs. The Bassbreaker has a really gentle sweep.
    hmm I suppose I just don't like Fender cleans then! Too pristine and perfect which in my mind translates to boring haha. I don't mind Fender overdrive but not for my main sound, I'm definitely more into British voiced stuff. Though that bassman video posted the other day was awesome. I don't like the fuzzy edge most Fendery distorted sounds seem to have. Vox chimey cleans with a little bit of grit are my favourite.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Lev said:
    Arktik83 said:
    I know this is a bit of a thread revival but at least it's better than starting a new one.  How you getting on with your BB 15 @Chuffola?  Still doing it for you?  Tempted to pick one up myself to partner my blues cube but not sure as yet!
    Interesting, I was trying to decide between this and a blues cube. Why do you feel you need this in addition to the blues cube? I had hoped that a decent drive pedal with the blues cube would bring me to similar territory as the bassbreaker on the med/high gain setting.
    I could, in all honesty get along with the Blues Cube on it's own but I would like something valve-y around as well.  I know it's fickle really.  The BC doesn't have an Effects Loop either which is a bit of a disappointment whereas the BB does.

The Blues Cube does take drive pedals well and the boost function really does add that raunch to it.  It's a great amp and definitely worth A/B-ing the BB and the BC and seeing which one floats your boat more!
  • Arktik83 said:
    Lev said:
    Arktik83 said:
    I know this is a bit of a thread revival but at least it's better than starting a new one.  How you getting on with your BB 15 @Chuffola?  Still doing it for you?  Tempted to pick one up myself to partner my blues cube but not sure as yet!
    Interesting, I was trying to decide between this and a blues cube. Why do you feel you need this in addition to the blues cube? I had hoped that a decent drive pedal with the blues cube would bring me to similar territory as the bassbreaker on the med/high gain setting.
    I could, in all honesty get along with the Blues Cube on it's own but I would like something valve-y around as well.  I know it's fickle really.  The BC doesn't have an Effects Loop either which is a bit of a disappointment whereas the BB does.

The Blues Cube does take drive pedals well and the boost function really does add that raunch to it.  It's a great amp and definitely worth A/B-ing the BB and the BC and seeing which one floats your boat more!
    I found the blues cube sounded like it had a blanket over it compared to the BB 15. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    edited August 2016
    Was in Matchetts today and demoed the Bassbreaker 15 Combo. I'm in love.

I recently gigged with my favourite amp - an old(ish - not vintage or anything obviously) Fender Pro Jnr. I love that amp, but it needs my external cab to sound great - the inbuilt speaker and cab are just too small to found great onstage IMO. So I decided to look for a 1x12 cab for my second Pro Jnr. The problem is that I've now found the BB15 head, which just sounds incredibly cool. I'm pretty sure that I will sell my second, red Pro Jnr and pick up the BB15 head in its place. Still need to decide on which cab to pair it with.

Is anyone using the stock Bassbreaker 1x12 cab? How does it sound? Matchetts have the Fender cab, but they also have a beautiful blue Laney 1x12, which looks stunning IMO.
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    G and B done a review of the 007 and 15 recently, including trying a different cab. From memory Fenders own, kinda lets it down esp on the clean/ vintage side of things-
    http://www.guitar-bass.net/gear/fender-bassbreaker-007-15-review/