Advice re pedalboard set up.

Mr_AngryMr_Angry Frets: 0
Hi everyone,

New member looking for some advice.

I'd be grateful for any tips on how I might best optimize my new setup to optimize signal path and tone.

My existing set up is as follows:

And my proposed new set up is as follows:

Grateful for any thoughts / advice by return.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    First thoughts.

Why is the phaser after reverb? 
    What is going to run in the amp loop if you are using the Marshall drive section?

What is the ABY pedal for?

deets man, need more deets!
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    I have my phaser last in the chain. A phased delay or reverb sound great to me
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8783
    There are two questions here and they have different answers.
    1. In what sequence should connect the pedals? My personal preference is Tuner, Wah, then analogue pedals like drive, starting with the most distorted and ending with the least. After that goes the amp. In the amp's fx loop go the digital effects. There's no set order. I happen to prefer chorus/flange/phase, delay, reverb.
    2. How should I lay the pedals out on my board? Remember doesn't have to be the same as connection sequence. Being right footed I like Wah on the far right. To the left of that are the most used pedals, working through to least used, or pedals I wouldn't change during a song, on the far left.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I've never used one but shouldn't noise suppressors come later on in the chain?
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited May 2016
    I'd usually put a phaser before delay/reverb, but do whatever you like the best.

Experiment with whether you put the wah before/after dirt  pedal and compression.  (Are you using the  Boss wah just as a wah or for its dirt effects too?)
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• You can optimise your setup by replacing all the Boss pedals with expensive boutique pedals