Reaper Mac Setup Issues

Im having a few issues with Logic as my DAW, Im getting the horrible clicks/static/delay for some reason so I thought I'd try Reaper.

It seems like a real headache to set up on a Mac. Im using a Line 6 Toneport UX2 as my audio interface but getting any sound out of Reaper seems  nigh on impossible. If I open a track I get input signals from the volume on Reaper but nothing on the VST/AU interface. Ive looked online but cant find any definitive answer on how to set it up properly.

Anyone got a similar setup thats working who could help?

It'll be walking me through right from the start as it seems so unintuitive
Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    2 things i can think of - have you got the MAC properly setup to see the Toneport as a sound card (I use a zoom r24 and I have to make sure it's in the right mode every time I switch it on, so that the MAC sees it) and have you made sure that Reaper is looking at the Toneport - There is a preferences menu, with an Audio Tab where you can check.

Sorry not masses of help but not in front of my MAC at the mo. Whyt I will see is reaper runs on my 2012 Mac mini better than logic X does.. 
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    2 things i can think of - have you got the MAC properly setup to see the Toneport as a sound card (I use a zoom r24 and I have to make sure it's in the right mode every time I switch it on, so that the MAC sees it) and have you made sure that Reaper is looking at the Toneport - There is a preferences menu, with an Audio Tab where you can check.

Sorry not masses of help but not in front of my MAC at the mo. Whyt I will see is reaper runs on my 2012 Mac mini better than logic X does.. 
    So you have to use the Toneport as the soundcard for the whole system?

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    By some fluke Ive got it working, setting up the I/O bus etc was a real pain but we now have sound! Just going to put it through its paces to see if I get as much/any delay or craclinkg.