Band websites

RolandRoland Frets: 8713
What are your views on band websites and other digital media?  I've been asked to sort out ours.  We've actually got two (both hosted by 1&1):
plus Facebook, Myspace and Twitter.  

This isn't just about website design.  It's "how do we use these media channels" to establish creditability, provide collateral  for prospective customers (landlords and brides), and communicate with our small following?

What would you do?
Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader
    Get a Wordpress. 

You can knock up a half decent site in a few hours with gig listings (via gig press) and the like. 

For most people seemingly Facebook is the internet so that's important. Myspace is dead and Twitter has never really helped me with any of the bands I've been in. 

For the sites you have I would say the photo looks a bit low res and your list of songs is an image which is a bit weird and in general to be avoided because search engines won't find text in images and so won't know what to make of you. 
    However you might want to make your phone numbers an image as then you won't end up on spam lists from putting your number on the web. 
    You also have a link to "home" on your site when you only have one page.

Personally I'd keep the site to a minimum a couple of photos, a couple of Mp3s, or maybe a YT video and most importantly some contact details.  

You don't really need a lot of stuff.
  • In my area, twitter does help, given up on my space long ago. We have a typical website, with photo should biopic and links to YouTube, FB and twitter. www.flatlandboogieband.co.uk