SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WT gretech Baldwin trust rob tool

musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
I'm just wondering if anyone has a spare vintage gretsch Baldwin trust rod tool for sale. Send me a message if you have one for sale. Regards
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Do you mean the Gear-o-Matik tool that originated from Burns Guitars? That's the one that is basically a ss tube with one end flattened and a t-bar at the other end.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
    Jimbro66 said:
    Do you mean the Gear-o-Matik tool that originated from Burns Guitars? That's the one that is basically a ss tube with one end flattened and a t-bar at the other end.

Thanks for ur help mate

If that is the one you mean you can buy a new one from Burns here: http://www.burnsguitars.com/accessories.php for a scandalous £45

OR

I can let you have an original 1965 Burns one for a tenner posted. Any use?

• musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
    I think I might take you up on that mate. I'll check tomorrow but i think that the one. It's for a 72 country gentleman
    edited May 2016

I can't be sure about that particular guitar but I know that when Baldwin owned both Burns and Gretsch they adopted the Burns Gear-o-Matik truss rod system in some Gretsch guitars.

I thought I'd quickly upload a photo of the tool from my phone but I'd forgotten just how tedious it is to do that on this site. Sorry.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16182
    Just a warning .......the one Burns sell does not work for some Gretsch models because the shaft is about 5mm too short to reach the flange of the gear screw........had that prob with a superchet.
    Dominic said:
    Just a warning .......the one Burns sell does not work for some Gretsch models because the shaft is about 5mm too short to reach the flange of the gear screw........had that prob with a superchet.
    That's useful info. I just measured the Burns one and the clear length to the slotted end from the T-bar is 46mm (1 13/16").
    edited May 2016
    I just noticed that you posted a similar query about a year ago @Dominic ; http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/607692/#Comment_607692 so did you then buy a Burns tool and find it too short? How did you overcome that?