New TC electronics pedal - Sub 'N' Up Octaver

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Just ordered one of these, looks like they've only just hit the UK. I'll report back when it arrives!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7963
    Awaiting reports from bassists...  if it can cleanly track a low F# (just above the E) I'd want one for sure.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3330
    edited June 2016
    Pro bassist mate got his this week from Thomann and just waiting for his comments. He's a big fan of Guy Pratt who's also just added one to his rig.
    I've been looking around for a good octaver for bass. I hope this is the one  and of course, you have the added bonus of being able to use it for guitar too.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Looks good to me
    There's a couple of bass demos starting to come through now on YT

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Looks dreadfully cheap, looks like Behringer has fully taken over at TC.
    TC build quality hasn't been great for quite a while - long before the Behringer takeover.  I had two Nova Delays die on me, and we've had lots of issues with some TC Helicon active speakers at my church.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Right. Pedal itself is solid, and the slight narrowing before the jack inputs is nice. High octave sounds lovely, tracks perfectly and doesn't get too shrill (an issue I had with the Mooer Tender Octaver). There's some latency with the low octave, it's not terrible but it's definitely not as good as the Digitech Drop in that regard. 
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Awaiting reports from bassists...  if it can cleanly track a low F# (just above the E) I'd want one for sure.
    Have you heard anything about it yet? Wondering how it will compare to the MXR bass octave 
    Mate who got his and has the MXR Deluxe too said it's good on the high register but not as good as the MXR on the lower register.
    Guy Pratt has both pedals on his board so maybe, he, too has found they do different things well.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Blimey this sounds good

Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom