Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous films you haven't seen

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24336
    Quite surprised at the 'No Rocky at all' crowd.

While it's true they get fucking awful by the last sequel, the first one is a superb film.

I suppose the most famous film I haven't seen is The Big Lebowski.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407

While it's true they get fucking awful by the last sequel, the first one is a superb film.
    It might explain it if I said I'm not a fan of boxing, or Stallone - except in Copland, where he's superb but I almost didn't watch it because I haven't liked anything else he's done.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2013
    ICBM said:

It might explain it if I said I'm not a fan of boxing, or Stallone - except in Copland, where he's superb but I almost didn't watch it because I haven't liked anything else he's done.

Copland is a great icebreaker.  If you are in a room with someone and can't think of anything to say just announce "I watched Copland the other night.  That's is easily Stallone's best film.".  If their response in anything other than obvious agreement or to say "I haven't seen it!", then immediately retreat back to the comfort of awkward silence.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Star Wars
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303

duotone said:
    Star Wars
    Thats two of us, 3 if you include my wife.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    All Indiana Joneses.
    My V key is broken
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24336
    ICBM said:

Funnily enough - the first Rocky isn't really a boxing movie either. It's more about him and his missus trying to get a lucky break. Ok, the last 15 mins is all boxing but that's kind of irrelevant to the story.

Stallone is very much a love / hate bloke though. I loved Copland and Demolition Man, but Tango & Cash... fucking hell!
  • Star wars, any of them ?

never seen any of the newer (after mid 80`s) horror films either

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407

never seen any of the newer (after mid 80`s) horror films either

Nor me. No interest either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    edited December 2013
    Danny1969 said:

I've never seen the Harry Potter stuff, or the stuff with the goblins and rings, none of the Star Wars films  cept the original, none of the Iron man stuff or Batman  stuff

Exactly the same for me too !
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24342
    I'm really quite shocked by the number who have never seen Star Wars !  Ok, so it's not the 20th Century's greatest film but still.... it's Star Wars !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • never seen the harry potter films either , despite being on set, working on the big hangar doors while they were filming.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    You all make me feel sad... some genuinely good films listed above
  • ICBM said:

Funnily enough - the first Rocky isn't really a boxing movie either. It's more about him and his missus trying to get a lucky break. Ok, the last 15 mins is all boxing but that's kind of irrelevant to the story.

Stallone is very much a love / hate bloke though. I loved Copland and Demolition Man, but Tango & Cash... fucking hell!

Indeed - the first Rocky is a great film, and First Blood is good, too.  Stallone's failing is that after a successful film he gets a bit up himself.  The first Expendables is a perfectly decent film that doesn't take itself seriously and just does what it says on the tin, but then he feels he can do no wrong and so the second one jumps the shark a bit.

Copland was good - I haven't seen it in a long time.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.