Show us your Amps

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9615
    nickb_boy said:
    A little update from the other day. This is the most content I've been with my gear in a long time. Now to just scale everything else down!
    Yep, me like very much indeeded
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited May 2016
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    @nick_boy whats Satellite amps do you have?

I know you love them...but do you know much about the Omega model they do?
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6828

Absolutely love it to pieces. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    @wazmeister I do like delays...
    Not so good with cabling and velcro, and your thread on the Fractal has me very tempted if one was ever available.

Will try and sort a pic of the indoor house trained amps later, but need to do it when the wife is busy, so she doesn't find out all my hiding places...

• RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    @Gassage, Nice hi-fi speakers, consider getting them out of the room corners, wire them up 'properly' and enjoy the results of your labours
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    soma1975;1068450" said:
    Yeah, those 1w head'is are great fun (the jcm800 is also good). Have you tried it with a bigger cabinet with g12m's in it?
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6828
    edited May 2016
    andyoz said:
    soma1975;1068450" said:
    Yeah, those 1w head'is are great fun (the jcm800 is also good). Have you tried it with a bigger cabinet with g12m's in it?
    No not yet. Quite fancy getting a 2x12" made to match it if possible. 

Also, I've seen people using it in .1w mode as a preamp going to the fx return of a larger amp.

Sounds amazing 

I wonder if someone could make a match 20-30w Plexi flavour Power section sepcifically for this use

EDIT: Oops that clip was just going through an older big cab. Here's a couple of clips of slaving - 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    @nickb_boy whats Satellite amps do you have?

I know you love them...but do you know much about the Omega model they do?
    The top head in the picture is actually a valve outboard reverb. You can dial out the reverb mix though and basically use it like a massive valve overdrive with the extra gain stage.

The other head is a Barracuda. Kind of in the plexi region with 2x kt66 but still has it's own satellite style with emphasis on full on balls to the wall heaviness.

Other than knowing the Omega was Adam's first exception to having the whole 3 knob controls, I don't know a great deal about it. I can't ever imagine needing anything with more volume than my Barracuda and the single tone control is really well voiced and balanced that I don't miss separate bass/treble controls.

You should send him a message on instagram (he often replies quicker on there!). He's pretty down to earth and happy to talk things through. Just don't go asking for power scaling or anything like that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
    added a few more amps, I should take a new pic

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    kelv_w said:
    added a few more amps, I should take a new pic

you need more cabs!

beautiful collection...is the plexi a reissue or a really well kept original one?
  • kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
    I need more space! haha

The plexi is a YJM100 :) 
    new home amp...its based on a super lead/bass circuit, but only has 1 input and has separate dark and bright volume to blend in the right amount without jumping channels. Its sounds great...25w with EL34's...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:
    new home amp...its based on a super lead/bass circuit, but only has 1 input and has separate dark and bright volume to blend in the right amount without jumping channels. Its sounds great...25w with EL34's...

Wow, that looks lovely. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    My amp hasn't changed for a while, I recently modded it to fit the Palmer junction into the back. The little Palmer is a great unit, direct to tape or to a pa instead of an sm57, it's much easier and more consistent to use. It isn't as good as an e609 on a greenback, but it's not far off. 

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/timmysoft/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsezbedbwv.jpeg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/timmysoft/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsukyhupgz.jpeg

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    @timmysoft - do you use your Flashback much? I've got one but don't use it much. 
    This thread is great for giving me an idea of what grill cloths look good for my custom build!
    @timmysoft - do you use your Flashback much? I've got one but don't use it much. 
    Not a huge amount, I've got the Boz tone print downloaded to it which is cool, but my songs don't call for a lot of delay. 
    Not many songs do, sometimes I wonder about selling it to get something else.
    Not many songs do, sometimes I wonder about selling it to get something else.
    It's pretty much the most flexible compact delay, that's my reasoning, if I do need delay I know that the flashback will definitely cover it. I prefer the sounds to that of the carbon copy bright I had.