Does this pedal even exist?!

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
On my main gigging board I have a number of different flavours of boost and drive sounds, a wah and a tuner but only one what I would call an 'effect' pedal which is a TC flashback delay. I would like to add some more modulation type sounds to my board but they would have to replace the TC as I have no more space on the board.

So is there a single pedal that exists that can provide delay and some other effect types say maybe tremolo, chorus and vibe/phase which also has a good sounding buffered bypass, runs off a 9v supply, can cope with a line level FX loop and is not going to take up much board space?

Don't ask for much do I!?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    I believe the Zoom MS-50G will do that although it likes at least 250mA with the 9V. It has all the sounds of the G3 in a much smaller package. It's not really a live pedal in its standard form though as you need to mess around to get your patches in the right order for your setlist. It does midi over USB though so if you have some kind of midi switching you could do that quite easily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    ^ what he said - any of the Zoom MS will work, MS-50G, MS70-CDR, MS100-BT. Just go through the list of effects they offer to see which one best suits you. The MS100_BT can download pretty well any effect available in the other two. They can run off batteries too. I power mine from a Harley Benton Power Plant JR with a current doubler cable (using 2 power outlets) with no problems at all.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3338
    edited May 2016
    This ^ and my preference is the Zoom MS-70CDR. I had the MS-50G which has compression, overdrives as well as the delays, modulations etc but I could hear a difference/degradation in the signal and preferred the MS-70CDR which sounds cleaner to my ears and seemed to work better with my board.

It's a slight bind to use live but you can cycle through 3 presets. If you need one effect per song, it's easy to change it to that before each song and that's what I do and I use it mainly for chorus, pitch fx or as a second delay. The other fx are nice to have on tap for when you do need them and include a tuner, tremolo, vibrato, phaser, flanger, vibe, pitch fx (harmony and octave) and obviously, chorus, delay and reverbs and the latter two can get into spatial Strymon-type fx.

It's a good Swiss-army type pedal that can compete with higher priced pedals.
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
    I have the 70, its good, I do hear a little bit of signal being lost when I use it, and its not perfect, but its fun

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    I use the 100BT and have downloaded some pretty special reverbs and modulations onto it from the StompShare store
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    A Red Witch Violetta Delay?  It has modulation as well and does not take up much room on the board...
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    Thanks for the suggestions all. Does the zoom stuff have buffered bypass? And would it be ok in a line level rather than instrument level FX loop?

Anything in the strymon range that would fit the bill?
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    A Timeline can do a chorus but is rather large

Stop crying, start buying
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    You could take a look at the ZCat pedals. These seem generally liked on here and not that expensive. They do a delay+chorus+ hold pedal or a multi modulation one with reverb ( I appreciate that isn't delay!). It is possible to get some modulation sounds out of your Flashback, there a tri chorus toneprint IIRC and some ways of manipulating the pedal as well. There's some stuff on YouTube I think...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    edited May 2016
    ... Ignore that it is the X4. PedalsNStuff is forum member @782369 who has done a bunch of YouTube clips showing toneprints he created for the Flashback using the toneprint editor, basically taking the delay out and leaving the modulation in. Download the app, faff about for a bit and your Flashback can be used as a modulation pedal. Of course you can't then have delay on at the same time. EDIT: just to clarify - you would create a toneprint in the toneprint editor app, download it to your Flashback and then twist the model knob on your pedal to toneprint to turn it from a delay into what ever it is you have created. Phew. :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    Those zcat pedals are probably the closest to what I am looking for, if only it had a delay!! The reverb might do the job though as I only really use the delay to add some atmosphere to clean parts or bluesy stuff
  • absolutpepperabsolutpepper Frets: 222
    btw you can get a tri-chorus Toneprint for the Flashback (not sure if its only the x4 come to think of it), so the TC can still be used for modulation albeit in a limited way.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Yeah, those Zoom MSxxxx things.  Or a Line 6 M5, unless that's too big?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw