Anyone using a Behringer XR18 for PA?

firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
I'm thinking about getting one of these and wonder if anyone has any experience with them. All of the reviews are very positive...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    I'm interested in this one too, I've also been looking at the soundcraft ui16 but I've use some Behringer gear in the past without too many problems. Redundancy is my biggest fear but a mixer, multicore, stagebox and outboard rack reduced to 3.6Kg is hand luggage rather than the trailer load previusly required.

Reviews seem mostly positive. I'm always interested in other peoples first hand experiences.
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    The WiFi drop out seems to be the only concern, this can be cured with an external router. I'll probably oredr one from Thomann with 30 days to try it out...
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    One of my bands bought one and has been using it for about a year. It's good. We were looking for an individual monitoring solution without having to fork out for in-ears. We love it. Pretty easy to use. The onboard effects are good. Two main outs and 6 aux outs, all of which can have separate mixes. Can be used as a recording interface.
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    Oh yeah and a lot easier to carry than a conventional mixer. If you forget to take your iPad you can mix from your phone at a stretch.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    The Allen & Heath QU-SB is out any time now and is expected to hit the shops at around £800, that will probably be a better bet with upto 11 monitor mixs, 7 stereo and 4 mono. I've been using the QU series for a couple of years now and they are rock solid reliable 
    www.2020studios.co.uk