Tim's Twisty Knob!

What's Hot
Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3035
I'm having a bit of an issue with my Tim overdrive pedal: the knobs on it turn really easily and I keep knocking them out of position in rehearsals. This is getting on my tits a bit.

Is it possible to tighten up the pots or some other solution other than just banging a load of gaffa tape on them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Gaffa will effect the tone!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3035
    meltedbuzzbox;1062339" said:
    I only use boutique gaffa tape. It makes a huge difference. Pricey though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6192
    tFB Trader
    meltedbuzzbox;1062339" said:

you can buy tiny rubber o rings. Put them over the shaft and press the knob down onto them then tighten. This gives enough friction to pre by the knobs slipping around.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX;1062359" said:
    Flanging_Fred said:

meltedbuzzbox;1062339" said:Gaffa will effect the tone!!

you can buy tiny rubber o rings. Put them over the shaft and press the knob down onto them then tighten. This gives enough friction to pre by the knobs slipping around.
    Like a small gromet type thing? That might work, I'll see if I can find something...

Thx for the idea :)
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6192
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX;1062359" said:
    Flanging_Fred said:

meltedbuzzbox;1062339" said:Gaffa will effect the tone!!

Like a small gromet type thing? That might work, I'll see if I can find something...

Thx for the idea :)
    thats the badger!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30298
    I bought a box of O rings at B&Q for next to nothing and as Thorpy says, they work a treat. I use them on most of my pedals because once they're dialled in I tend not to change the settings.
    Just a quick thank you for the replies. I bought a 99p pack of rubber shower hose washers from Robert Dyas. They do the job perfectly. Cheers.