Modding a pedal question

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24423
I have a lovely Morley Fuzz Power wah (Cliff Burton Model)

It has 2 buttons on the bottom to turn on the wah and the fuzz separately.

That is very annoying indeed, particularly with the placement of the buttons.

I would like to combine the controls so 1 button turns it all on / off. Without the fuzz the wah is actually shit on bass. It's the combination that makes it work. The fuzz alone is ok, but I have a Muffroom and a Duality Fuzz Engine for standalone fuzz needs.

Is there such a thing as a simple footswitch that could be wired like that? That's all I want. A single press to activate both bits.

ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28457
    Depends what it's like inside.

Possibly it'd need relays or similar. Or it might be a lot of work. Or dead simple. Helpful, huh?

Got a shot of the innards?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24423
    Found this on Talk Bass

The EU version I know doesn't use LDR for the sweep and instead uses a filament driving a pot.

But other than that I assume they are the same.
    Looks like two DPDT footswitches, so you could replace both with a 4PDT or keep one and have it trigger a relay or relays to simulate the other switch.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12920
    Wouldn't it be easier to put the whole thing inside a bypass looper and just leave the fuzz and the wah permanently "on"?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Something like this is your best bet.
    http://www.brightonion.co.uk/micro-looper/
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6191
    tFB Trader
    You could put a 4pdt in the wah footswitch place then add another pot to the enclosure for two different values of fuzz intensity and put that on a 3pdt.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
    Help a noob out - why can't the output of the wah just be run in to the fuzz circuit (or whichever way around they work) and bypass the switch of the 2nd fx unit? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    http://cdn.roland.com/assets/images/products/gallery/ls2_gal.jpg

That would also give you the ability to blend clean signal with the whole fuzz-wah effect, which can be especially useful on bass.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited May 2016
    TimmyO said:
    Help a noob out - why can't the output of the wah just be run in to the fuzz circuit (or whichever way around they work) and bypass the switch of the 2nd fx unit? 
    That might well be possible, but I don't know from the picture what the switches do - it may not be that simple.

Of course, you might well have just had a brilliant idea when I was massively overthinking it!

I also quite like the bypass loop idea.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24423
    ICBM;1064115" said:
    http://cdn.roland.com/assets/images/products/gallery/ls2_gal.jpg

That would also give you the ability to blend clean signal with the whole fuzz-wah effect, which can be especially useful on bass.
    I've got 2 of them. Been using them like that for years. But for this task I don't want a blend - I just want less things on the board and just 1 switch.