Axl/DC

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
edited May 2016 in Music
Reviews are actually looking pretty good so far for Axl with AC/DC. I have to say his having to sit sounds like it's helping his voice as he can't run around and get himself out of breath. 

It's not the same, but on the strength of the short clips I've seen Axl has made a massive effort (and turned up on time!), so fair play to him. I'd certainly keep my tickets if I had some.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/08/acdc-review-axl-rose-lisbon-first-gig

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3333
    I've watched shoot to thrill and back in black so far. Malcolm being gone actually affected me more strangly! Sounded great though.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Those backing vocals though..... 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Fan photos are appearing online....

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24336
    Of the Basschat guys saw it. Said it was very good.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Interesting reading. I'm glad the reviews are positive and the Rosie video was defnitely worth watching - thanks for sharing. :)

• Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    Was tempted to get a ticket to the london show but saw them last year so booked Camden Rocks instead, now I'm not so sure I made the right move.  For some reason I knew this would work. His voice has the range and anyone who ever tried singing AC/DC will tell you how difficult it can be.  Its only the first show but lets hope it is the sign of things to come.

For once in his life, Axl is part of someone else's band and has to conform, personally I think he needs this more than AC/DC do.  His rehabilitation started with the reformed Guns n Roses, which we all thought was because of the money, but could it be that Axl has decided to put his talent rather than his ego first?

Although you could argue that his ego is being fuelled by fronting the biggest rock band of all time...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
    Thing is, Axl was the frontman of GnR, and for the last 20 years, the only really famous member, and certainly the only member anyone ever talked about. 

In ACDC he's the new boy, Angus is the star. And he'll know very well that AC/DC are one of the most professional and hard working acts out there. Angus is CLEARLY in charge, and presumably won't put up with any shit from the "new" kid.

Looks like Seville was a good show too (apols for DM link)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
    Good interview from the BBC here with Axl & multiple AC/DCs

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited May 2016
    Am I the only one thinking that Angus might end up taking Keith Richards crown as the most unkillable of rock stars?

I mean, one member dead, one member has dementia, one member is nearly deaf and one member suffers from being Axl Rose.
    Meanwhile Angus is still bouncing & bopping across the stage like a horny teenager.
    Or is that Parkinsons?
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4141
    What a racket!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6136
    You know. it just ain't the same without Malcolm.. Axl sounds better than I thought he would, but the rhythm guitar just doesn't have the power or precision any more :(
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    equalsql said:
    You know. it just ain't the same without Malcolm.. Axl sounds better than I thought he would, but the rhythm guitar just doesn't have the power or precision any more :(
    Band no longer in their prime in 'not in their prime' shocker.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    They should have Jim Bowen coming onstage at the end of each show, presenting a DVD of the band in their prime to Axl with the words "here's what you could have won".