Any mixers on here?

midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
edited May 2016 in Studio & Recording
And I mean that in the sense of 'pro' in as much as you mix for clients such that 'mixing' work constitues a not-insignificant part of your income.

If so can you give me some details of the process works generally?  Could I send you a reaper project via dropbox and you take it from there?  Or do you need individual stems?  What are your rates?  Do you tend to work in specific genres and are there examples of your work I could listen to? How do you asess a clients needs and do you expect to do revisions or is it typically right first time?

I'm not interested in your gear, those are your tools and that is your business... I'm interested in the outcomes.

I guess you know where this is going...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I'll PM you.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I'm looking for mixing work to expand my portfolio. Reaper projects would be fine. If you're looking for cheap but great quality, send me a message (if Octatonic isn't what you're looking for!).

I mixed both of the releases by @Digitalscream 's band:
    https://closedcircuituk.bandcamp.com/

I've also mixed all our stuff - see signature.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2163
    I produce/record/mix for a living, and people regularly send me stuff to mix. I've also worked with bands from France, Czech Republic and Germany.
    I've got a UK top 10 album under my belt, a few iTunes singles of the week, Zane Lowes hottest record a couple of times, millions of YouTube hits/plays/whatever. Stems is fine. If you want more info, drop me a PM about the project. :)
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
    Gents, thanks for the replies. I'll be in touch with you all personally, and looks like I'll have a fair bit of listening to do.  
    It may not be straight away as radiohead have a new album out and i need to give that a second and third listen now.