NCD!! Beautiful new Cab Day.

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
in Amps tFB Trader
I wanted a solid wood cab that was small to go with one of the Amp heads I have... so I ordered this custom walnut cab from a guy called Zac. Its a square cab 35cm by 35cm by 25cm deep. It has a 10" celestion greenback fitted and it sounds glorious with the jim root terror i own (rockerverb in a lunchbox chassis).

Anyway props to Zac, he sells standard cabs/combos etc on ebay. and he is willing to do custom designs like this, all you have to do is ask.

This is the second time I've had a cab from him, the first was an iroko cab for a fender tweed twin i built, that was also beautiful and built to spec

if you are interested have a look at his ebay page

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Great work.

I expect the "cease and desist" from MESA is in the post...........
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    That cab really is a beauty.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    That's really cool.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    jpfamps said:
    Great work.

well, it definitely is inspired by Mesa, but they don't make anything like this cab so fingers crossed

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    ThorpyFX said:
    jpfamps said:
    Great work.

well, it definitely is inspired by Mesa, but they don't make anything like this cab so fingers crossed

They actually sent a C&D to someone I know for using the cane grill on one of his cabs!

He referred them to Arkell vs Pressdram, and heard no more from them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I've got a laundry basket with a cane front as well as a couple of cane chairs. Should I be worried?

Nice cab. The guy seems to charge a very reasonable amount for what seems like top-notch work.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    jpfamps said:
    They actually sent a C&D to someone I know for using the cane grill on one of his cabs!

He referred them to Arkell vs Pressdram, and heard no more from them.

Arkell vs Pressdram was worth googling.

How very informative    :D
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    i've had three of Zac's cabs over the years - fabulous work, especially at the price