Lucid Audio FX - Gentlemans Relish

MrTMrT Frets: 21
I picked up a Lucid Audio FX Gentlemans Relish a while back - just wondered if anyone had any info on them? The company seems to have since disappeared but I seem to recall it being sold as a transparent overdrive / timmy clone (it seems to fit that model to me at least). If it is a Timmy clone, any ideas on how close it gets to the real deal? Is it worth me GASing after Timmy? 

It certainly seems pretty transparent to me and has the expected two internal dip switches. At higher gain settings it sometimes feels a bit fizzy but I think I'm right in thinking you need to tweak the treble and bass alongside the gain on the Timmy as well don't you?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Not sure on the "providence" of Lucid Audio but a couple of years ago I asked them to make me a Zendrive / 808 dual pedal - they did it, paint job to my spec (asked me if I wanted a logo etc that they were happy to do). Worked great, sounded great. They were actually really pleasant to deal with and they seemed able to put any major available clone in a box. Obviously I sold it, because I sell everything, but it was good. I've owned a shitload of Zens and clones and even more 808s and they were fine for my ears. But that's just my experience- there are quite a few people offering a Timmy clone, and a circuit is a circuit
  • JanahanJanahan Frets: 54
    Hi. I've got a Gentleman's Relish pedal and like the sound. Quite a few pedals have come and gone but it's stayed on the board. Can't comment on how close it comes to the Timmy pedal but I'd be very surprised if the Timmy, or my ears, could justify the difference in price.