SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - PRS Mira (2009) £800 o.n.o.

What's Hot
SoulsinkSoulsink Frets: 2
edited May 2016 in Guitars £
The guitar passed QA on 5/8/09 (Serial # 149708) and was purchased in late 2010. It comes in its original hard case and is in immaculate condition. When I say immaculate, I really mean it. The guitar has barely been out of its case. There are no discernible scuffs or scratches anywhere on the body or neck and no wear whatsoever to the frets or fretboard. It could be hung back on a rack and sold as new without any difficulty.

My reasons for selling are touched on above: It was a big outlay for a guitar I rarely, if ever, play and am unlikely to play in the future. I bought it without thinking too hard about it at the same time as I purchased a Tremonti and a Torero SE and those are much more fitting with my style. Nonetheless, it's a beautiful peice of kit, especially for its price point.

Some additional details:

Body Wood Mahogany with
Flame Maple Top
Number of Frets 24 Scale Length 25" Neck Joint Set Neck Neck Wood Mahogany Fretboard Wood Rosewood Neck Shape Standard (Pattern Regular)
Fretboard Inlays Moons Bridge Stoptail Tuners PRS 14:1 Phase II low mass locking tuners Truss Rod Cover Mira (Engraved) Hardware Type Nickel Misc Coordinating colored pickguards & matching truss rod cover Treble Pickup Mira Treble Neck Pickup Mira Bass Pickup Switching Volume and tone control with 3-way blade switch & mini toggle (splits coils) Case (Included) Rectangular Tolex
locking case

The guitar was originally purchased for just under £1500 from Access All Areas (Dubai). I'm looking for a reasonably quick sale to fund other projects, and will accept somewhere in the order of £850 or a reasonable offer within that ballpark. Since I want to use the money to fund another project. I'll also throw in the stand, the strap, and a bunch of picks (including a personalised "Intergalactic Sex Parties" pick used onstage by Tom deLonge) as sweeteners.

Prospective buyers are welcome to contact me via PM to arrange a try-out of the guitar, assuming you live locally (Shropshire) and can come by. I have a Blackstar HT Studio 20H head and HTV-112 cab (also for sale) you can plug into, or you can bring your own amp if you'd prefer to hear how it sounds through that.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    edited May 2016
    Is it Korina or Mahogony? Title says Korina. Spec says Mahogony. Pics show a maple top and a photo of the back that could realistically be either but looks like Mahogony to me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SoulsinkSoulsink Frets: 2
    edited May 2016
    Apologies, I pulled the specs from another website and they seem to have copy-pasted themselves.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    Pretty sure that's a normal Maple-Top Mira - the korina one's were solid korina w/no cap.
    edited May 2016
    I'm going by the documentation I have, but since you've raised some doubts I've contacted PRS and asked them to confirm based on the s/n. You've raised some doubts in my mind also @guitargeek62.

Edit: It's an original Mira i.e. first run, so you're correct to say it's a maple top. That should have been obvious to me but I didn't have the guitar to hand to check. I'll report the exact specs once they're confirmed. Thanks for correcting me.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    is that you in the video?

thats a lot of neck bend!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    'Tis not I. Thought you wrote that's a lot of neck beard for a moment, and was about to write that I think I have more neck beard than that dude but, alas, you did not...
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    I don't see a video?!
    Sorry about that. I felt I had to find one with less neck beard.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Whats the neck profile? (Should say on the hang tag) im pretty sure you have this listed on ebay as a Korina model?

The neck profile is "standard" or "pattern regular".

The guitar was listed as a Korina, due to a misunderstanding. It's been corrected on ebay as of yesterday, as it was here. Just to be clear, it's solid mahogany with maple top as can be seen in the pics, above.
    I've dropped the price to £850 o.n.o. (so not an entirely shameless bump)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17621
    tFB Trader
    You still need to keep 48 hours between bumps please
    I've dropped the price to £800 as of today.
    Bump