Comp question

I have a Cali 76 cd which I'd like to experiment with using on other miked instruments when recording -what kind of adapter do I need to make this happen? Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    You could use it on dynamic mics only (no phantom voltage for condensers) and use an XLR to 1/4 adaptor. You will have more flexibility if you use it as an insert and process recorded tracks though. 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Sorry I'm new at this. So what would need to use it as a treatment for recorded tracks? Thanks
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Your recorded tracks may be have peaks and troughs which might need smoothing out, a compressor could help here, maybe the whole mix ?

an example..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    edited May 2016
    Depends which interface you use. If you have outs In addition to your main speaker outs you create an aux track/send in your DAW, send it via the output and back in on an input (pre or non pre in) The cali will likely not be calibrated for line level like a regular comp so try with the input low.
    Then you use the send on your instrument track/s to send to your new aux track.
    Youtube will have better explanations depending on your specific DAW.
    Realistically its a bit of a pain compared to using a dedicated compressor or plugins.
    The cali will be good for tracking bass or guitar direct though.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Cheers, will have a look and report back