Pricing a Laney?

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
I'm interested in trying out a used Laney Lionheart L20H but am unsure what I should be paying for one, what do you think a used, good condition one would go for? Doing a search on here brings up varying results but nothing too recent. Thanks chaps.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I came up with £350 based on my special formula and then Googled, one going for £350 on eBay. So around £350 :) but probably no more.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I came up with £350 based on my special formula and then Googled, one going for £350 on eBay. So around £350 :) but probably no more.

Thank you, I saw the one on eBay and wasn't sure if he was asking too much compared to the prices that they have sold for on here, albeit a few years ago.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    zepp76;1075547" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Thank you, I saw the one on eBay and wasn't sure if he was asking too much compared to the prices that they have sold for on here, albeit a few years ago.
    Given that he has to pay fees out of that if you were buying one not on eBay on a cash basis I guess you could go a bit lower than that.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355

I sold my last one for around £275 last January on eBay from memory, as couldn't shift it on here for love nor money - http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/31846/sold-laney-lionheart-l20h-head#latest

I wouldn't pay any more than that for another one either.  Very, very fine amp if you plan on it being a keeper but, like most Laney heads, not especially easy to shift in a hurry...

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    I would think you could get one for around £300 if you're patient. I had one and it was great, but for some odd reason they do seem to be a bit of a pain to sell.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    TBH, I paid £200 for one and then sold it for the same.

I then bought another for £275 and sold it for £250.

They are nice amps - no doubt about it but they are cursed by the Laney badge. The number of folks you speak to who make "the Laney face" when you mention the name - its a cross between the expression made when you smell a bad fart, crossed with the incredulity face of discovering a thrid testical, crossed with the dismissive face of someone offered a shag by a particularly unattractive lady boy.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    StefB said:

I sold my last one for around £275 last January on eBay from memory, as couldn't shift it on here for love nor money - http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/31846/sold-laney-lionheart-l20h-head#latest

I wouldn't pay any more than that for another one either.  Very, very fine amp if you plan on it being a keeper but, like most Laney heads, not especially easy to shift in a hurry...

My L5T isn't easy to shift let alone in a hurry. I swear it has its own gravitational field :)

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    normula1 said:

My L5T isn't easy to shift let alone in a hurry. I swear it has its own gravitational field :)

You do know it stands for Laney 5 tonner though right?
  • Buy it though, you'll not regret it (great amps)...if you plan on keeping it. 

I sold my L5T's earlier in the year and they sold for nothing basically...I've since ordered an L5H and I'm very annoyed at myself!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    I've stuck an offer in, fingers crossed.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3339
    Brilliant amp, wish I'd never sold mine but the magic is in the cab too. The heritage G12s are special. I'd pay £400 all days of both
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I could never get on with the Heritage H30 and ended up swapping it for an old G30 with the small magnet. Less efficient so I can turn the amp up a touch more and is much warmer too. The Heritage is carefully stored in a box under my desk though in case I decide to flog the amp :)
    normula1 said:
    I could never get on with the Heritage H30 and ended up swapping it for an old G30 with the small magnet. Less efficient so I can turn the amp up a touch more and is much warmer too. The Heritage is carefully stored in a box under my desk though in case I decide to flog the amp :)

If I do get lucky and score the amp (I've also put a wanted ad in the classifieds) I'll be running it through my Orange ppc212 with v30 speakers so it should sound sweet!