Is there such an all in one boost pedal?

What's Hot
hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
I'm not really looking for this, but it crossed my mind as an interesting question.....

When people come to that all important solo, there are a number of things that might be required:
  1. More mids to be added
  2. More gain to be provided by boosting gain pedals or the amp itself
  3. More volume to be above the other band members
Obviously each one of these is achievable on its own, and even two of the three can be managed with something like a Koko Boost. But if you're in the situation where boosting pedals gives more gain but not necessarily more volume, something might be required like an EQ or boost in the fx loop.

So it got me thinking. Without going down a mad looper based approach, is there a boost pedal on the market that can be both in front of dirt pedals to give more gain, (and potentially change the EQ), but also have an input/output from the fx loop so that one hit of the pedal's switch sends more signal to both chains, giving more gain and volume without tap dancing?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Closest thing I can think of is something like a 4 socket King Of Tone. Or maybe the Viual Soud one. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    @rossyamaha - yeah, that's pretty much what I've concluded. Obviously the KOT is two switches whereas I'm wondering about a single switch solution
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7556
    Treble Booster
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17669
    edited May 2016 tFB Trader
    A looper.

I've got a switch dr that would do the job
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    Latest 'that pedal show' on YouTube Is all about boosts of various types Brilliant watch!!
    Without sounding pissy, I'm pretty clued up on boosts, what they do and what's good for what sound. Its more that I'd like to hit one switch and get more gain, more volume and more mids by going into a gain stage and increasing the volume after it.

All with one switch press.

@monquixote - how does that work then?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Its one of the things I loved about the M13 and love about the Helix
    You can sweep all those parameters at once with an expression pedal
    Its what I used to do with my Rocktron Utopia too. Worked brilliantly, and I'm surprised no-one's ever put this in a single pedal
    @ThorpyFX - here's a hole in the market for you to think about filling. No idea how big the hole is, but no-one currently offers it by the looks of it
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Dual Fusion? It's got a Tscreamer type side and a more flexible drive side with lots of eq options, you can flip them either order.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    @professorben - thing is, that would give me more gain, but not necessarily more volume or am I being thick?
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    @professorben - thing is, that would give me more gain, but not necessarily more volume or am I being thick?

I'll be honest I've never used one but the videos I've seen, it looks like you can dial back the gain on both sides and use them as dirty boosts.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    tFB Trader
    hubobulous;1076105" said:
    Without sounding pissy, I'm pretty clued up on boosts, what they do and what's good for what sound. Its more that I'd like to hit one switch and get more gain, more volume and more mids by going into a gain stage and increasing the volume after it.

All with one switch press.

@monquixote - how does that work then?
    Get a couple of boosts put each one in a loop put the preamp or pedal to be boosted in the middle. Program the looper to engage both when you press a switch. It could even put your h9 delay on with midi
    Ah yes, I understand. I guess I was hoping that there was a boost pedal that was a self contained solution to this problem rather than using a looper, but I think I am out of luck with that thought
    tFB Trader
    Or try a Nova drive
    tFB Trader
    Or 2 suhr pedals connected to a relay
    edited May 2016
    You know, the frustration of this all is that if the H9 allowed the output level to be controlled by an expression pedal on a per patch basis, then I'd be almost there. I could engage that, (whilst probably changing some delay settings for a solo through the expression pedal at the same time), and then stamp on a boost pedal going into the amp for extra gain. 

Cumbersome, but probably achievable. However, currently this is not possible.

Its the one element of my multi-fx that I really loved and makes me hate reading all of the Helix threads since I know I could easily achieve what I need with that. But its overkill to what I really would use it for and I really like my pedal setup in terms of its sound.

Ah well, something to ponder.
    Or 2 suhr pedals connected to a relay
    Now you're talking jibber jabber..!! What's one of them?!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    @ThorpyFX - here's a hole in the market for you to think about filling. No idea how big the hole is, but no-one currently offers it by the looks of it
    doable i guess,whether the market is there is a different matter. Id probably have a clean boost that can run into a loop. in the loop you could put a drive pedal. after the loop would be another clean boost to raise the overall volume.... the problem is this setup would need an amplifier with a massive amount clean headroom to cope...

Actually come to think of it, I think the amptweaker tight drive pro might do this for you.......

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26744
    Run your amp clean, and get a Bogner Ecstasy Red pedal. Job done.
    <space for hire>