For fans of Oceansize

What's Hot
DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
There's a few fans on here. Well I don't know how I missed this at the time but Mike Vennart released a solo album last year called 'The Demon Joke' which I just found today on Spotify.

It's decent.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Semi into them. Love some stuff, really not into some other stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Ooh thanks for the heads up... I've got Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up somewhere in my collection... Haven't listened in a long time though maybe it's time to change that!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

Ooh thanks for the heads up... I've got Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up somewhere in my collection... Haven't listened in a long time though maybe it's time to change that!
    Mate, Bodies is their worst album. You want Effloresce or Everyone Into Position.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    edited May 2016
    I liked pretty much all of their output, including Bodies (though I don't disagree that it's their weakest output).

Vennart's album is pretty decent on a first listen. Not as rambling as Bodies but nicely loose. A bit like how The Frame sounds like a very simple, un-Oceansize pop song, then you notice the weird time signatures and the other stuff going on underneath.

Ta Mr Stu - I would probably not have found this myself. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    I hadn't heard about it either and came across it by chance.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7343
    Go and see them if you can. I've been twice and half of the members of oceansize are still in the band.

A friend was guitar teching for them and let me go backstage and meet them. Don't know why I said yes. I'm not the biggest conversationalist so I made it awkward as fuck.