Wet/Dry Overdrive? Worth it? Hardwired into a vintage EHX Hot tubes pedal.

lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
I've just picked up a vintage EHX Hot Tubes with an effects out (with the overdriven effect) and a direct out (a buffered clean guitar signal). The foot switch only turns on/off the overdrive on the effects out. I'm not too sure why there is a separate line out.
However, it led me to try putting both signals (buffered clean and overdriven) into the 2 channels on my amp to a moderate result before sleepiness took me home. But the potentials could be interesting: a wet overdrive mixing with dry clean, or a wet overdrive mixing with a modulated clean, etc....
So my questions to my fellow Fretters are the following:
Do any overdrive pedals work on this principle internally to produce their final signal?
Can you think of any other potential to separating a buffered clean signal for further effects uncluttered by an overdriven signal?
I have a gigrig G2. Could I use loop 9 with its single input and stereo output loop to mix the two signals together into a single amp (or does the G2 cancel one of the stereo signals if there is no 2nd amplifier?
Would it simply a case of inverting Y splitter? Do any exist that have a mixing pot?

I use a Lehle parallel L for mixing the Wet/dry signal on my Neo ventilator to produce something close to SRV's tone on Couldn't Stand the Weather. Would a wet/dry mix on an overdrive produce similar miracles?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    lukedlb said:
    Do any overdrive pedals work on this principle internally to produce their final signal?

Well, quite a few dirt pedals have a clean blend control to enable the user to select their preferred mix ratio of wet/dry to a single output.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom