Stereo and Wet/Dry rigs

What's Hot

Hey guys,

Might be a stupid question, may be a simple answer, but I've just got my second amp (Marshall DSL40c) to go with my Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 36, and I'm not 100% whether I want to play stereo or wet/dry. I've got pedals with very good analog dry-through signal, so I'm thinking I might be able to get away with stereo. However, when playing live I might find I'm not cutting through so will want to play wet/dry to make sure. 

Is there a pedal which you can switch between having a wet/dry and stereo? Or is there an easier way of routing to make it possible to switch between the two? Got an active ABY coming with isolation and phase reversal, so I'll be fine for routing a wet/dry sound.

Thanks again, hopefully there's an easy solution!

Check out my feedback thread here, would really appreciate it if you could leave a quick line if you've bought from me. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I'm not very good at this stuff, but the first thing that comes to mind is that if you set up for stereo, let's say a ping pong delay, won't you lose half of it if you then switch to wet/dry?
  • That's what I'm worried about actually, because I'm essentially wanting to re-route it so that I get my delays splitting to stereo on one option, and then have the delay summing to mono and only going to one amp on another option... No idea if its even possible!
    Check out my feedback thread here, would really appreciate it if you could leave a quick line if you've bought from me. :)
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    You could dry bright onion pedals. Im sure they could custom make something for you.

There's a great video on wet/dry rigs...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Trust me when I say I have watched that video more times than I can count on two hands! They totally inspired me to do it haha. Good shout on bright onion pedals custom build!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just went on their site, they aren't taking custom orders :(

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10443

I use a stereo Marshall rig with one side wet and one side dry but it's more so FOH mic'ed side can be adjusted to their taste and I can have what I want onstage. It's also good redundency in an event of a failure 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Yeah if something went wrong with stereo I would struggle!