Jack Garrett and the sampler looper 1 man band

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
So I saw him for the 2nd time last night. It's pretty amazing to watch and there is a huge amount of potential for his gig to go horribly wrong (he had some tech issues)

But... 2nd time around... there's a lot of looping and sampling going on. I felt myself wishing he was playing with a full band.

Support act was of a similar ilk. Are we going to see a massive rise in the use of tech vs live playing over the next years? It's hard to tell but I reckon less than 50% of his performance was actual live playing.

Still enjoyed it a lot though!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I've just invested in a looper pedal - aiming to develop a one-man band so I can do electric guitar-playing, solos etc, at charity events and open-mic nights without having to persuade a bassist and drummer to come along as well.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    I really hope the tech lead one man band (i.e. with a looper pedal or laptop) dies down and the original one man band thing comes back.  The guy with a bass drum on his back, mouth harmonica/kazoo clipped to his neck, etc. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoney;1078663" said:
    I really hope the tech lead one man band (i.e. with a looper pedal or laptop) dies down and the original one man band thing comes back.  The guy with a bass drum on his back, mouth harmonica/kazoo clipped to his neck, etc. 
    I saw Thom Yorke outside Marks and Spencers in Exeter doing that a few weeks back.