I should fiddle more

What's Hot
svejksvejk Frets: 148
I get stuck in such a rut of plugging the same guitar into the same amp with exactly the same settings. I play through a Tweed Deluxe, and always plug into the bright channel. After three years, I finally got curious enough to plug into the normal channel (the name had always put me off). Wow! Really full and bloomy. I might consider trying something different again in the future...maybe instead of buying new stuff, I should occasionally adjust the settings on the stuff I already have.....

.....no, that would be madness.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I adjust the hell out of new gear and then I settle on my favourite settings.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1632
    You are playing a Tweed, you've gone as far as you can with amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    @shaunm. You're probably right. However, I have noticed it does distort a little when I turn it up. I might need to get something more modern, which doesn't do that ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    Yeah, I've got some really complicated pedals (Rockett Lemonaid & Flexdrive) that live in one setting.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I've found over the years that no matter how complex my setup is / isn't I only ever use a handful of sounds
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    If you really want to experience living on the edge, you can jumper the channels as well!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 412
    ICBM said:
    If you really want to experience living on the edge, you can jumper the channels as well!
    now you're just being ridiculous!

;)   

No Darling....I've had that ages.