SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1960s Gibson patent sticker T Tops - pair with all rings etc

rexterrexter Frets: 369
edited May 2016 in Parts £ tFB Trader
These were in an old Gretsch I recently bought and am returning to a more correct spec. This is a great set and hard to find with original fixings especially without the leads being butchered or the covers busted off.

I think £400 is fair given the prices I have seen single, molested pickups with no hardware going for. If you have vintage Gretsch pickups or TV Jones I may be interested in trades but otherwise I just need to sell these to pay my credit card off and fund the restoration of the Gretsch.

Their DC resistance measures 6.95 & 7.57 and they sounded great before I removed them. You can get a great balance between neck and bridge in this set. Sure the DC reading of 6.95 on one pickup bucks the "all T-tops read at around 7.5" mantra but it's perfectly withing the correct range and sound is not a problem.

As far as I can tell the covers have never been removed - they are in excellent condition for their age and come with their original rings & screws (minus one pickup height screw which looks different to the others so assume not original.

Because they have the patent number stickers and slot head screws on the underside of their casing I believe they are from the late 60s.

Loads of pics!
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
www.rexterguitars.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice just found one in a shoe box ... with those slotted screws ... trying to figure out what it is ... sadly someone stuck a ceramic magnet into it ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom