Reason Rack Extension sale!

Just in case anyone cares.
Particular, Antidote is half price - it's rarely on sale at all. I bought it.

Still in the process of picking a VST DAW. Studio One in the lead.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    (The DCAM comps, though, are not on sale. @drew_fx )
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    EdGrip said:
    (The DCAM comps, though, are not on sale. @drew_fx )
    Hmmm, I wasn't even aware of a sale to be honest.
  • BodBod Frets: 1304
    I was tempted by the Backline Rig but, as much as I love Reason, I have to do much of my main recording using just Reaper, so thought better of it.

What do you guys think of the v9 announcement?
    V9 seems to be about midi/note fx (specifically, exactly the same three note fx modules that Studio One 3 already offers, by the looks of things.)

That, and there's finally an optional dark GUI. Reason so white.

These are welcome additions, but not worth the cost of upgrade from 8.4, I'd say. I'll be spending the money on a VST DAW.
    I think if you mainly use Reaper, or something else, there's not much point investing in the mix & mastering rig - better to get some VST/AU versions and then export stems from Reason to play with elsewhere. I think it IS worth getting the synthetic rig, especially on offer, because it includes Antidote and various other nice Reason-only synths. I only went for just Antidote on its own cos I'm trying not to invest too much in Reason.

The backline rig is not really my thing, as I mainly like to mess around pretending I'm John Carpenter. But it strikes me that it's all the kind of thing that's not very Reason-specific and NI are probably better at (I.e. sampling real instruments)
    I've also grabbed Synchronous - it's 19euro down from 49euro, and a good example of an excellent Reason-specific device.
    After playing about last night, I've gotta say that although Antidote is a very nice, very tweakable synth, it's actually Synchronous that has more instant/obvious potential for cool stuff. You could probably do most of what it's capable of by drawing and duplicating automation lanes and modulating LFO rates with other LFOs and so on but goodness, you're a long time dead. If you use Reason much you should investigate.