EU referendum ..... just why?????

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    hywelg said:
    If the Scots understood the breadth of feeling in the rest of the UK they might feel.differently about leaving. Give the whole UK a vote and I think Scotland would be politely asked to leave.
    ...especially after the episode with the Sunday trading laws...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28457

Well, firstly towns and countys aren't countries, but more importantly I'm not a believer in sovereignty at all costs.
    But that just means you draw the line at a different point - it doesn't mean that you're a hypocrite.

England is connected to Scotland both geographically and culturally, in a way that the UK isn't connected to Europe, so I don't see an issue with having a different opinion on what are two different unions.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4722

Would it be easy to set a forum vote up?  Would be interesting to see some stats as well as general debate.

If there is no specific voting mechanism, we could just use a thread where WOW means leave and WISDOM means stay.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @menamestom I think it should be lol=stay, wisdom=leave, wow=I don't care I'm bored with the whole thing
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924

Would it be easy to set a forum vote up?  Would be interesting to see some stats as well as general debate.

If there is no specific voting mechanism, we could just use a thread where WOW means leave and WISDOM means stay.

That won't work - the Outies will want WIS to mean leave!   =))
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    edited May 2016
    Edit: Checked to see if embedding a poll from another site would work, it won't

Can use link here is interested Will you vote Leave or Remain in the EU?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    @menamestom I think it should be lol=stay, wisdom=leave, wow=I don't care I'm bored with the whole thing
    I've just wiz'd you for that.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    Nitefly said:
    ...especially after the episode with the Sunday trading laws
    That was an exceptionally shameful episode even by the standards of cynical political opportunism, and has put me off voting SNP again at a Westminster election.

It was also a tactical mistake by Cameron though, he should have proposed bringing England into line with the arrangement in Scotland, and thus made it much harder for the SNP to vote against it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4722
    eSully said:
    Edit: Checked to see if embedding a poll from another site would work, it won't

Can use link here is interested Will you vote Leave or Remain in the EU?
    That would work, probably worth you starting a new thread with it? 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Voting to stay is voting to bail out Southern Europe a infinitum. While having over 65% of laws made by unelected comissars. Not clever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929

On the issue of Scotland:  every country should be able to determine their own independence or otherwise.  If Scotland wishes to become independent, so be it; good luck to them.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Ro_S said:

On the issue of Scotland:  every country should be able to determine their own independence or otherwise.  If Scotland wishes to become independent, so be it; good luck to them.

Indeed. The same applies to England - perhaps we should have a vote and leave the UK followed by the EU.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2932
    edited May 2016

Not sure why the Scottish referendum subject has been regurgitated... It's not remotely similar. There's also nothing to get butthurt over; you had your say.

The argument of "ceding sovereignty to the EU is better than giving it to Dave, Boris etc" is bullshit too. At least we can vote them out in a few years.

And before anyone pipes up, YES our voting system is flawed and unfair. But it's still fairer than the system we have for the EU commissioners' election... which is to say there isn't one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom