SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Laney Lionheart L5T-112 "As new"

mfinmfin Frets: 41
edited March 2017 in Amps £
Perfect condition, barely used, boxed.

This is a british made one, not the chinese ones currently on offer. Probably one of the last made. The chinese one has a digital reverb instead of a tank, different speaker and other internal changes to make it cheaper to produce. Having owned both, the chinese one is 'take it or leave it' and inferior sounding, the british one is clearly superior and sounds the business.

As it's like new barely used etc, £450 strict as I am happy to keep it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mfinmfin Frets: 41
    edited November 2016
    Any interest?
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Where are you?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Bump
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27160
    Really lovely amp. I literally sold mine today. GLWTS!

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Where are you based? Got any pics?
    Herefordshire. I can sort some pics, it literally is like new. I might even have the cardboard box it came in, not sure, will have to look in the attic for that. It's been used a few times in the house and that's it. Bear with me and I'll get some pics taken.

As you can see, even the handle shows no sign of wear (which is the first thing to show wear on these, that's why I say it, it's like new). Note also from the back, this is the proper british made one that the amp's reputation comes from, with the reverb tank as against a digital effort, and the layout on the back reflects this as does the plaque at the bottom.
    Bear with me if I don't spot enquiries immediately, the email notifications don't seem to work for me on thefretboard.co.uk
    Bump
    Bump

Bump
  • Just got a UK made one myself.  Best small amp I've owned.  Much better than my old Harlequin, even.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    Still for sale..?
    Postage cost? 
    Thanks
    Jon
    PM-ed
    PM-ed again (Packaging all found, original box, and an additional outer box for shipping that it fits in to protect that).
    edited February 2017
    Bump. Price down a touch.

Again, this is the handmade british version not the later chinese version which is not identical, the speaker in the chinese current one is no longer the celestion in this, they don't have the reverb tank these have (is now digital), the layout on the back is different too hinting at the internal redesigns using redesigned circuit layouts (no doubt to make it cheaper to produce, alongside cheaper to produce digital reverb, cheaper speaker etc).

Note, if you look on most websites at pictures of this amp they all show this handmade one, but if you order, you'll get the chinese version. Laney themselves have deleted the rear picture from their web page on it as they know it is a different amp to what it was.

Sounds superb. As said above, this is the amp that gained the reputation of the L5T-112, and having owned both, this one is great, the chinese one just does not sound as good when you put them side by side.

(EDIT: See current manual http://www.laney.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/a814e4d6c003d86ac4065b708d9b2c80.compressed.pdf  on page 6 you'll see the layout of the rear and compare it to my photo or 99% of photos of the amp out there on the net. This layout hints at the internal changes, see the speaker outputs have moved across to the right, effects loop has a switch there too, the manual just mentions "built in reverb" and laney.co.uk says "high quality digital reverb". The speaker is listed as G12H in that manual, and the speaker in the handmade one is a G12H, reading that I'm not sure if they've iterated to bring back the speaker now or not. The green backed G12H in the handmade one is certainly a different speaker to the brand new chinese one I once had as I noticed it in a split second of looking, although I can't remember what speaker was in that chinese one. It could be that maybe they have returned to using the exact same speaker at least, but I can't confirm that without seeing one and there are no photos I can find of the chinese one online).

Anyway, who'd buy a mass produced chinese one that has had some corners cut when you can buy the original handmade UK one that this amp's reputation was built on? No-brainer really.

I have subsequently also bought a much much more expensive and different dumble/fender 5e3 design amp from RD Amplification, and I now use that in the house, so hence why I don't use the Laney now. If it doesn't sell, I am happy to keep it for when I move and have enough space for two amps to be permanently setup to use at home.
    Bump
  • This is a beautiful amp, guys!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • daviesjdaviesj Frets: 26
    Are you able to post? Or can you advise your location so I can how far away you are? 

Cheers

Steve